+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Grant.

A lot tidier than mine. looked great
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Rich.

Here is the before, it's largely just wasted space

It's pretty much finished, we are going to wait until spring to do the planting so it looks a bit bare at the moment, but it's a pond.

There is a pile of rotting wood to attract insects and a little stone ramp into the pond, we are determined to get frogs back

Roksan Radius 5, with Linn adikt and Michell Tecnoweight
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Grant.

nice sheltered spot now. you did a grand job Rich
    Regards,
    Grant ....

DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, DEEZER HiFi - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    nice sheltered spot now. you did a grand job Rich
    Cheers Grant.

It was quite rewarding to do, the biggest issue was what to do with the soil I was digging out, it ended up smaller than I was intending purely for that reason. It will be nice to get stuck into it again when we put pond reeds in it and plant the rockery.

Plus, an other positive to come out of it was the realisation of how seriously unfit I have become since sitting at a desk for 4 years, so since the pond was built I have lost a stone, a very long way to go but it's a good start
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Grant.

aye gardening does keep you fit
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    aye gardening does keep you fit
    Bloody right it does, most rewarding exercise there is.

It was a shameful eye opener, I was working for 10 mins then sitting down for 10 to recover, took twice as long as it should have
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Geoff.

Try mixing a couple of tons of concrete by hand. That'll warm you up!
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Try mixing a couple of tons of concrete by hand. That'll warm you up!
    My Dad was a builder before retiring, I've been on the wrong end of too many jobs like that, always been strong and fit whatever size I was, so this was a really shameful eye opener
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Grant.

it can creep up all too easy. Look at me now; cant do anything much and its very frustrating
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Dave.

Amen to that.

Things can strike you down at any time, whether you are fit or not. You can jog, go to the gym, diet etc but you can still get something nasty happen out of the blue.

A good friend was rushed to Hospital, a couple of weeks ago, with a ruptured bowel. She was fit and healthy, liked to walk, didn't drink and ate sensibly, yet this happened. She is in a poor state, in an induced coma for 3 days, has a bag fitted and a few days ago, one of her lungs partially collapsed. God willing, she will pull through but what a shock.

Make the most of the time you have because you don't know what's around the corner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast