+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 104 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gardening thread.....

I'm Grant.

A lot tidier than mine. looked great
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Here is the before, it's largely just wasted space

It's pretty much finished, we are going to wait until spring to do the planting so it looks a bit bare at the moment, but it's a pond.

There is a pile of rotting wood to attract insects and a little stone ramp into the pond, we are determined to get frogs back

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Grant.

nice sheltered spot now. you did a grand job Rich
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    nice sheltered spot now. you did a grand job Rich
    Cheers Grant.

It was quite rewarding to do, the biggest issue was what to do with the soil I was digging out, it ended up smaller than I was intending purely for that reason. It will be nice to get stuck into it again when we put pond reeds in it and plant the rockery.

Plus, an other positive to come out of it was the realisation of how seriously unfit I have become since sitting at a desk for 4 years, so since the pond was built I have lost a stone, a very long way to go but it's a good start

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Grant.

aye gardening does keep you fit
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    aye gardening does keep you fit
    Bloody right it does, most rewarding exercise there is.

It was a shameful eye opener, I was working for 10 mins then sitting down for 10 to recover, took twice as long as it should have

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Geoff.

Try mixing a couple of tons of concrete by hand. That'll warm you up!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Try mixing a couple of tons of concrete by hand. That'll warm you up!
    My Dad was a builder before retiring, I've been on the wrong end of too many jobs like that, always been strong and fit whatever size I was, so this was a really shameful eye opener

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm Grant.

it can creep up all too easy. Look at me now; cant do anything much and its very frustrating
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Amen to that.

Things can strike you down at any time, whether you are fit or not. You can jog, go to the gym, diet etc but you can still get something nasty happen out of the blue.

A good friend was rushed to Hospital, a couple of weeks ago, with a ruptured bowel. She was fit and healthy, liked to walk, didn't drink and ate sensibly, yet this happened. She is in a poor state, in an induced coma for 3 days, has a bag fitted and a few days ago, one of her lungs partially collapsed. God willing, she will pull through but what a shock.

Make the most of the time you have because you don't know what's around the corner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 104 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast