+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Ready Meals

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Scotland is lucky to have such a superb politician as leader.
    She's all heat and no light.

She only looks good because of the dismal standard of the rest of the UK politicians.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Rob.

M&S Panang curry is IMO better than sex (whatever that is) It's a shame they don't do it with rice as it is a bit big for me alone. However it's the sort of stuff I could eat until I vomited. Highly addictive because it is (again IMO) so tasty.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Grant.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Another thing that is a let down these days is Piccalilli mustard pickles. I really like a decent one, but can't find any. Haywards and Heinz are dire and supermarket own brands even worse.
    You want Tracklements - fab stuff! http://www.tracklements.co.uk/pickle...ish-piccalilli

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ready meals? Spawn of the devil!

Marco.
    Couldn't agree more! The only time Mrs. B and I ever experienced ready meals was in our last house when we had no kitchen for about 6 weeks whilst an extension was built. We opted for the supposedy 'healthy' ones and, to be fair, some weren't too bad in taste terms. However, we both put on weight, my eczema got worse and our shopping was costing us around 20-30% more than usual each week! Never again.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    You want Tracklements - fab stuff! http://www.tracklements.co.uk/pickle...ish-piccalilli

Couldn't agree more! The only time Mrs. B and I ever experienced ready meals was in our last house when we had no kitchen for about 6 weeks whilst an extension was built. We opted for the supposedy 'healthy' ones and, to be fair, some weren't too bad in taste terms. However, we both put on weight, my eczema got worse and our shopping was costing us around 20-30% more than usual each week! Never again.
    That's because ready meals are full of salt and sugar, and overall are poor in nutrition. Best avoided along with all 'fast food'.
    Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Try being without a kitchen for SIX MONTHS, currently in our case, lol! Lots of issues with it being an old house, workers letting us down, and the fact that we're having a bespoke design built from scratch...

However, we're lucky that my dad only lives 5 minutes away, so we've been using his kitchen and also going out a fair bit. But eating ready-meal shite? No!

What you describe above is symptomatic of the 'ready meal diet', which is all the more reason to make home-coked food. The problem in the UK, however, is twofold:

1) Folk don't have the time to cook because they're running around like blue-arsed flies, working round the clock, to pay a huge mortgage on their fancy big house, loans on their car, etc, (largely living beyond their means). Their work/life balance, therefore, has gone to pot!

2) Lack of (food) education and food culture in general runs deep, and is getting worse every year because of 1) above.

We need to get back to the situation of parents being brought up by their parents on simple (quality) fresh, home-cooked food, and passing the skills onto their children, and so forth, through generations (which is how I was brought up), but I simply can't see it happening; for me, it's more likely to get worse as the junk food/ready meal culture takes a greater grip with every passing day

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

hey, that junk is probably gonna be my dinner
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Scotland is lucky to have such a superb politician as leader.
    I agree with you that she presents better than most; more focussed, more articulate and more "grown-up". Unfortunately, though, politically she is just another new wave separatist/nationalist/populist totem - see Trump, Farage, le Pen, Wilders et al. Just "Braveheart" flavour this time . Not what I think we need to see these days (or ever, frankly).
    IB

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    hey, that junk is probably gonna be my dinner
    Yes, but you've got an excuse. And, you also make your own stuff sometimes (rather nice soup and bread, for instance)!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

actually mostly make my own when able. when im not i get ready meals, but try to get decent ones . im actually a very good cook, but when your just on your own and my age it is sometimes difficult to do it for one and more expensive.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast