+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The Best Ready Meals

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    Absinthe makes the tart grow fonder, as Ernest Dowson put it.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    dont think they all work 7 days a week.lol most probably did a 5 day week and a saturday morning.(some switching wed for sat) that was the usual hrs for many. sat pm in pub, sun morn in church and pm in garden
    Sounds heavenly, lol... So when did such couples get time to go out for a meal together, or enjoy each other's company in some other way, outside of the same four walls? 5-day week, plus a Saturday morning, then 'he' goes to the pub Sat night, presumably alone to meet 'the lads?

Then Sunday morning it's church time, and "PM in the garden" I presume involves just him, or is 'she' joining him? Then it's Monday again and back to square one....

If that was the extent of my 'life', I'd already have had my head inside a gas oven.....!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I've known a few career obsessed 'high fliers', women as well as men, who have similar minded partners, each working maybe up to twelve hours a day. Any children have a carer for the day and the couples see each other for perhaps an hour or two daily apart from time in bed. Not a lifestyle I'd opt for, no matter how rewarding financially.
    Me neither, and of course each to his or her own, but in terms of the bit in bold, spare a thought for the kids, who'll grow up not knowing you [adopting the personality of the carer/nanny in the process], as well as most likely resenting you because you weren't there for them when they needed you most!

How NOT to be a parent.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Me neither, and of course each to his or her own, but in terms of the bit in bold, spare a thought for the kids, who'll grow up not knowing you [adopting the personality of the carer/nanny in the process], as well as most likely resenting you because you weren't there for them when they needed you most!

How NOT to be a parent.

Marco.
    Doesn't tally with my own experience, knowing children who grew up with nannies. It isn't how much time you spend with your children it is the quality of time that counts. If your children see you infrequently and each time you see them you're a bastard to them then yes, that is going to cause them problems. Otherwise they are far more likely to idolise you than if they see you all the time. Obviously there is a balance in the middle somewhere. You don't want them becoming emotionally needy. That seems to be the trend these days and it is very disturbing.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Justin.

My sister works hard, and is out of the country quite a bit on business trips. She's the managing director of a retail store all of you will have heard of. Without exception.

She's a millionaire many times over.

She's pretty normal, really. She's just my sis. No apparent abnormalities, seems really quite happy and is a very nice person.

How the f does she manage it? Beats me

Doesn't tally with my own experience, knowing children who grew up with nannies. It isn't how much time you spend with your children it is the quality of time that counts. If your children see you infrequently and each time you see them you're a bastard to them then yes, that is going to cause them problems. Otherwise they are far more likely to idolise you than if they see you all the time.
    I know where you're coming from, and appreciate that may be the case for some, but in my experience (with folk I know like that) it's been the opposite.

They're usually too wrapped up in their careers to give proper love and attention to their children, often trying to substitute that with expensive gifts, thinking that as long as the kid is palmed off with the latest 'must have' toy, they'll be happy, when all the kid really wants is some proper affection.

In my experience too, you don't usually grow up to be a warm, caring human being unless you've been brought up in loving and close family environment. There's almost always an emotional price to pay for any kid who's been neglected (or not as well looked after as it should have been), and I'm not talking about pampering.

YMMV.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

If your children see you infrequently and each time you see them you're a bastard to them then yes, that is going to cause them problems.
    That is true!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Default The Best Ready Meals

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sounds heavenly, lol... So when did such couples get time to go out for a meal together, or enjoy each other's company in some other way, outside of the same four walls? 5-day week, plus a Saturday morning, then 'he' goes to the pub Sat night, presumably alone to meet 'the lads?

Then Sunday morning it's church time, and "PM in the garden" I presume involves just him, or is 'she' joining him? Then it's Monday again and back to square one....

If that was the extent of my 'life', I'd already have had my head inside a gas oven.....!

Marco.
    That was the British way. Rarely did they have time or money for dining out. They weren't overly touchy feely either. Up til end of second war that was just way it was. For older couples who had been adult in war it pretty much stayed that way. Different cultures do things differently
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Fair enough. Just glad that my parents weren't like that, and I grew up in a very different environment

In terms of the money thing though, there was obviously enough for him to go to the pub and drink there all night on Saturday!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

lol, not all night.. a couple of hrs was more normal for decent folk. Wife would be making tea and doing her high dusting
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast