+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best Ready Meals

I'm Geoff.

Actually, with fried or baked fish, like yourself Marco, I do like salt & vinegar or (proper) tartare sauce. Although Waitrose sell a lemon mayonaise that goes very nicely with fish.

But I dislike tartare sauce where the capers have not been chopped fine. That's just not right!
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yup, defo

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Justin.

OK so here's just the second link I found doing a Google. Beef Rendang.

There's much worse than this, but even the author is complaining about the amount of time it takes.

http://rasamalaysia.com/beef-rendang...endang-daging/

You have to find shortcuts which always compromise on quality to make curry making practical. It's finding that balance between shortcut and quality that counts.

Unless you really can be arsed. It which case expect amazingness.
    Black and blue and broken bones - you left me here - I'm all alone. My little piggy needed something new.

I'm Grant.

sounds quite nice.. i dont have most of those ingredients alas so it would be costly obtaining them
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Justin.

That's the other problem. It does cost a lot.
    Black and blue and broken bones - you left me here - I'm all alone. My little piggy needed something new.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    OK so here's just the second link I found doing a Google. Beef Rendang.

There's much worse than this, but even the author is complaining about the amount of time it takes.

http://rasamalaysia.com/beef-rendang...endang-daging/

You have to find shortcuts which always compromise on quality to make curry making practical. It's finding that balance between shortcut and quality that counts.

Unless you really can be arsed. It which case expect amazingness.
    Yes, but first of all, not all curries are as time-consuming to make as Beef Rendang. Many are much more simple, and arguably just as tasty!

Secondly, as I've said before, if you keep a stock of various asian herbs and spices in the kitchen (as we do), then you don't have to buy them all at once to make one curry, which can make it seem expensive.

Thirdly, it's always worth being "arsed" taking the time to cook properly. Typically, we spend two hours a day making the meals we eat from scratch, and on a Sunday, when we're doing something special, more like 4 hours - and that's just for lunch!

I only put into my mouth food that I consider worthy of eating (which is healthy, TASTY, and exciting), not just any old muck to fill me up!!

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Martin.

At college I lived with foreign students who started cooking their evening meal at 8am. 12 hours of cooking. Always cooked for myself as a student or when out of work but can rarely be bothered to when I'm out from 0800 to 1800 five days a week. Plenty of places nearby me to get food. Chinese, Japanese, Caribbean, Bengali, Punjabi, Kashmiri, Thai, pizza, chippy... You can have a different country every night.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    At college I lived with foreign students who started cooking their evening meal at 8am. 12 hours of cooking.
    I'm not surprised. It's because for 'us foreigners', food is such a major part of our lives, the planning of and eating of such consumes much of our time.

You've eaten one of Del's curries, which I seem to remember you liked!

Marco.

I'm Martin.

I recall it well - It was very good.

Obviously it is a cultural thing that isn't unknown but is not common amongst the British. We work the longest hours in Europe here too, so that doesn't help. By the time I've got back from work and chilled out a bit it can be nine o'clock. Bit late to start a couple of hours worth of food prep.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

Yup, and the working the longest hours thing is a major problem, in terms of stress, and its severely adverse effect on your heath.

Folks in the UK need to take a step back, appreciate what's MOST important in life [i.e. spending time with your friends and family] and sort out their work/life balance, before it's too late!

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast