+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Audio Technica AT33PTG/II

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    I'm also finding the sweet spot varies from record to record, but still within a 1dB window.

This window location varies depending on the VTA setting on my arm.
    I now have the cartridge VTF towards the top of the specified range and the VTA slghtly tail down, as per the instructions to help lift the bass..
    Hi - I'm another extremely satisfied customer with an AT33PTG/II with no plans to change it at all!
    I note here that you have the VTA 'tail down' - could I ask where this is recommended?
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Hi - I'm another extremely satisfied customer with an AT33PTG/II with no plans to change it at all!
    I note here that you have the VTA 'tail down' - could I ask where this is recommended?
    It was my phono stage manufacturer, to lift the bass when using their unit, but since changing the valves in my Pre I am running approx level.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Vivant = outstanding

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Indeed, I would love to hear it in my system.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Indeed, I would love to hear it in my system.
    One is being made for demos etc. Maybe Alan can accommodate that for you. Give him a shout.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Ken.

Well I was sad to see the AT33PTG/II go , it was only on loan, but what a cracker it is. If it suits your set up and you have £400 ish to spend, look no further. It will be my next cartridge purchase for sure (No pun intended).

I'm Spartacus.

That's a shame Ken. I was going to ask what gain did you end up setting on your Aqvox for the AT33?
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Alan.

What do you think about that Sommer Goblin Wire Ken ?

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    That's a shame Ken. I was going to ask what gain did you end up setting on your Aqvox for the AT33?
    I found 4.5dB worked best and was the most neutral sounding. Downstream gear, especially the pre amp will dictate where it needs to be and personal taste comes into it, but that worked for me.

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    What do you think about that Sommer Goblin Wire Ken ?

Alan
    Hi Alan
    I like it, very flexible and with a good screen, tonally richer/warmer than the Silver I had been using, plenty of detail evident and nice bass weight. It's cheap as chips and I prefer it to the much more expensive Silver, which has a great top end, but not as natural in the mids. Its fairly low capacitance.
    The Sommer is only 4.6mm dia so you can squeeze two cables into one 5 pin DIN Tone arm plug. I prefer two separate cables/screens for left/right channels rather than star quad with 4 conductors under one screen. Less chance of cross talk.
    Got mine from Studio Spares, they had it listed under Broadcast quality miniature Mic/patch cable, but it has " Goblin Highflex TT-Phone Cable" printed on the jacket.
    I also use the Sommer 110 ohm AES/EBU digital XLR cable, which is very good as well.

Cheers
    Last edited by Qwin; 07-08-2017 at 19:57.

I'm Alan.

Ok Thanks for the info Ken I will try some

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567