+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Audio Technica AT33PTG/II

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    It was on a different deck/arm combo though.
    I was just reflecting on that day yesterday.

There was a guy on the Wam selling them at a very reasonable price recently.
    Be interested in a link if you can remember where, I will have a look over there anyway, their new GUI is not conducive to finding what you want quickly though, a backward step in that respect.

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Vivant = outstanding
    Gime Gime..........

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Gime Gime..........
    I love it, Ken. Such a natural sounding phonostage. I'm not gonna go on about it but at a recent meet it fared extremely well against Nick Gorhams (?) phonostage. Alan has the details.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by bob4333 View Post
    Another vote for the 33 PTG II.

So far it's seen off:-

Benz Micro Wood SL
    SAE 1000 LT (this was bl**dy close)
    AT OC9 ML II
    Nagaoka MP 500
    Shelter 5000

I also have a brand new Ortofon Cadenza Bronze sitting in it's box that's a replacement for the original that had to be returned. The fact it's still in the box is testament to how highly I rate the 33.

The bottom line is that you can spend an awful lot more and get an awful lot less for your money. The comments on Decca's are intriguing though................
    Wow, that's some stiff competition, but my short listening experience is saying you're not wrong.

I'm Ken.

I love it, Ken. Such a natural sounding phonostage. I'm not gonna go on about it but at a recent meet it fared extremely well against Nick Gorhams (?) phonostage. Alan has the details.
    Can't wait to try it, I had the prototype KIN on loan for a while and liked that, Alan says he has squeezed a bit more out of the phono stage since then.

I'm Ken.

You could consider a ZYX R50 too. It's a very good cart.
    Yeh, Paul at RFC rates them highly and I trust his opinion.

I'm Geoff.

Yeh, Paul at RFC rates them highly and I trust his opinion.
    I rate these too. Now superseded by a much pricier version. Old stock is still available I believe and a total bargain for the sound on offer.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Ken, my Decca Blue is resting at the moment as I am waiting to have it re tipped with a line contact stylus. If you would like to borrow it to listen too I will send it up, just PM me your address.

They are a bit tricky to set up and take a bit of fettling but I can talk you through it.
    I have a lot going on at the moment James, but when the dust settles I might just take you up on that. My arm is easily adjusted so I would be able to dial it in easily with a few pointers.

Appreciate the offer.

I'm Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I rate these too. Now superseded by a much pricier version. Old stock is still available I believe and a total bargain for the sound on offer.
    The only ZYX I've heard was at the Scalford show a couple of years ago, may have been an R100, turned in a good performance.

Bigman80 Guest

The only ZYX I've heard was at the Scalford show a couple of years ago, may have been an R100, turned in a good performance.
    I don't tend to keep things very long if I'm not impressed and I've had mine for quite some time now. Couldn't think of anything that's better for the £250 (?) I paid Geoff for it.

The Vivant is in a very nice new enclosure now. It looks excellent and the box itself weighs a fair bit. Also, the writing on the front has the same style as Alan's other kit, rather than the crackers type on the first version lol

Alan has squeezed out some more performance and while it's not a big jump in term of performance it is noticeable. It's next on my list of purchases and I know there isn't anything to beat it under £3000. Bold claim I know but it's my belief. It was up against £5k phonostages a week ago and performed incredibly well. Only being outdone by a DIY stage, that had EVERY component matched within a ridiculously low tolerance. The guy says that it's impossible for it to ever be a commercial product due to the huge wastage of unused parts and costs of making it. The Vivant was so close to matching it's performance. That's when Alan went home and added the things he had learned from the bake off and improved the Vivant.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast