+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Firebottle OTP-MK2

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Watches moth fly out of wallet........
    Hahaha, that made me laugh mate. At least there's an upgrade path! Shouldn't dent the wallet too much?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Hahaha, that made me laugh mate. At least there's an upgrade path! Shouldn't dent the wallet too much?

I'm sure I'll go for it. Will have to wait until after summer .

Bigman80 Guest

Let us know what you think if you go for it!

I'm Lee.

Been playing with this for the last couple of days, it's very very good, lovely sense of space around the instruments and very well defined bass notes, well worth an audition IMO, this is compared to my fully modded EAR 834 with Telefunken valves !!
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Henley View Post
    Been playing with this for the last couple of days, it's very very good, lovely sense of space around the instruments and very well defined bass notes, well worth an audition IMO, this is compared to my fully modded EAR 834 with Telefunken valves !!
    Not bad is it! I've been very happy with mine.

I'm Brian.

I'm waiting for Alan to build mine Hopefully get it soon , I'm really looking forward to getting the OTP into my system
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Nick.

Have had my upgraded OTP back with me now for a fortnight and it is absolutely stunning.
    The original mk1 version is a great bit of kit but the upgrade takes it to a whole new level,
    it's like another layer of the music has been revealed with a clarity and precision iv'e not heard before.

I would advise anyone who has the orig OTP to get it of to Firebottle towers pronto,i promise you will not be disappointed.

Once again thanks Alan

Nick.

I'm Mike.

I'm in the market for a phono stage and wondered if this OTP 2 is available for loan.

Mike

I'm Tim.

Default Demo

I've had the OTP mk2 at my house for a week on demo and will be sending it to the next demo on Monday.

Just to say, it is an excellent piece of kit for the price I would say it would be hard to beat in its price point.
    If you are in the market for a good quality phono stage on a tight budget you should definitely listen to it.
    In fact if your budget runs up a bit higher don't dismiss it. You should demo it.
    The ability to use both MM & MC cartridges and load MC carts with loading plugs means you can use it with lots of different cartridges which is very useful.
    Plus Alan is a really nice guy to deal with and the chance to try it in your own system before purchase is fantastic as you are not guessing what it will sound like you'll know because you lived with it for a few days.
    Finally it looks great.
    The box is really good to look at with really good looking front panel engraved with its name. Looks as good as any commercially produced product in my opinion.

I'm Brian.

I've had mine for a while now and I'm extremely happy with it . It has opened up the music . The top end is clean and natural , the mids are beautiful , particularly voices which are now in the room , and bass is tuneful and deep . I've had a couple of phono stages in my system , nothing too expensive , and the OTP has markedly improved on all of them .

It's also very versatile , and looks great too .

The OTP is a keeper in my system for the foreseeable future and Alan is a real gent to deal with .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast