+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rcm cleaning with a moth - what bits are best?

I'm Graham.

For water I would recommend this http://pureklenz.co.uk/purified-wate...FUWVGwod0aYNDQ as BP/EP grade water is manufactured to a defined specification,DI is not and the QC is generally rubbish,or in some cases non existent.I've worked on 100's DI/BP systems over the years and it's not uncommon to find diluted HCL and NaOh being passed to service from DI systems with the client being totally unaware as they had zero QC in place and relied on the plant alone,also DI will have high bacterial count's,not good for non alcoholic mixes as the bugs will grow quickly,see here http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread...rading.399260/

IPA can be purchase on line and I use dishwasher rinse aid as a surfactant.I tried lart du son but found it left a residue and needed another rinse with pure water to remove it,never bother with the IPA mix,once is enough.
    Last edited by GJO; 06-07-2017 at 11:12.
    Analogue. Basis signature 2200,Basis Vector 4.Koetsu Red,Koetsu SUT,NVO SPA 11.
    Digital. Denon 2900,Jolida FX 11
    Amp. Pathos Logos,Minidsp dirac 22A.
    Speakers. Amphion Xenon.
    Airlink CBS 2000 bps

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hey, I good idea, thanks Grant. 😁

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    i usually use my old cdr's the didnt work right or are surplus. you can use 2 to make it a tighter seal as 1 can buckle a little
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Thanks Graham and all for your input. I'll look in to that water...

BTW, how long do you leave your LP's for before putting them back in the sleeve? Some (including me) used to put them back in almost straight away but some leave them out for 30mins??
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Grant.

mine are dry when they come off turntable Jo. I just hit them with the ion gun then into sleeves; my fluid is anti static but no harm in adding a blast from the gun too. which I have to say Ive ran out of again
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Hi chaps.

I've recently got a moth RCM and wondered if anyone can recommend the best in the following:

Cleaning solution - always heard 'the right one' to be the best but that's now unavailable, what's the next best and where to buy?

Felt strips - where is the best place to buy? Ebay or other ones? Should these stick to the inside if the tube too?

Inner sleeves.. Currently using audio works which seem nice and good quality.

Outer sleeves, which ones are the best? And which ones are second best?

Any suggestions would be great

Many thanks
    Jo

I'm making my own cleaning fluid. 80% distilled water, 20% alcohol (99% pure), plus 5ml ILFORD ILFOTOL surfactant.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...ZuTE9vUmtoQ2Jn
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Josie.

Thanks very much, Alex for that.

Lol... Ilford, Kodak.. Takes me back to my uni days developing photos in creepy dark rooms.

I'll certainly keep that in mind and maybe buy some of that too.

Regarding outer sleeves, which ones are best as in thickness... Most are sold on the thickness in microns.. A bit geeky I know but hey I'm a geeky gal. 😁

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Grant.

Get the thickest ones

think this is the grade I use mostly. its been a while since I got any tbh....there is a thicker 520gm but dont have softeners in which I prefer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50-12-inch...3D262912183722
    Last edited by struth; 09-07-2017 at 09:03.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

hi josie/grant
    if you want to send me a small container i'll give you some of my triton x cleaning fluid already made up so you can try it
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

Nice offer Jamie. If I find one I will let you know mate. Mine is made with the Ilford. I use about 10ml per litre tho. Find it works better for me. I wont mention my extra ingredient as some will have kittens Trust me it works
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm jamie.

yes ive tried the ilford,imo the triton is better and its much cheaper,and most would have kittens if they new what i did before the vac stage.lol oh the poor misguided fools lol
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast