+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rcm cleaning with a moth - what bits are best?

I'm Josie.

Default Rcm cleaning with a moth - what bits are best?

Hi chaps.

I've recently got a moth RCM and wondered if anyone can recommend the best in the following:

Cleaning solution - always heard 'the right one' to be the best but that's now unavailable, what's the next best and where to buy?

Felt strips - where is the best place to buy? Ebay or other ones? Should these stick to the inside if the tube too?

Inner sleeves.. Currently using audio works which seem nice and good quality.

Outer sleeves, which ones are the best? And which ones are second best?

Any suggestions would be great

Many thanks
    Jo

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 05-07-2017 at 15:37. Reason: I
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Kevin.

The right one fluid is being sold by MCRU now. I've always outer covers from Covers 33. They're a good fit and last well - don't go yellow either. Last inner sleeves I bought were from Analogue Seduction - unbranded but good fit - went inside original inner sleeve if needed. Have fun hoovering

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckletheuncivil View Post
    The right one fluid is being sold by MCRU now. I've always outer covers from Covers 33. They're a good fit and last well - don't go yellow either. Last inner sleeves I bought were from Analogue Seduction - unbranded but good fit - went inside original inner sleeve if needed. Have fun hoovering
    Hi Kevin.. Thanks.

I can't find the fluid on there, has it been rebranded?

BTW, Have you used the moth fluid?

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Kevin.

Hello Josie. I think it's sold as their own brand. I've never used the Moth fluid.

I'm Grant.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mobile-Fide...+inner+sleeves

Best sleeves imo.

As for a brush.. tonar wet goat. Fluid...make your own.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Electroni...t+record+brush
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

I have some IPA and distilled water.. Also have some kodak stuff, but it's out of date though.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Grant.

If its not by much it will be ok if its been stored ok. Stuff i use isnt kodak. They say kodak one has something else in it. Heard of folk using it with no probs tho. Im happy with my mix, and been using it a long time. An anti static gun is another good purchase if you dont have one
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Clive.

Best fluid: L'Art du Son. Available from MCRU or Amazon.
    I use two types of inner sleeves. For sleeves that go into printed inners: Nagaoka. For new replacement sleeves: MOFI.
    A good Goats Hair brush. Available from many online sites.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm jamie.

if you want to make your own i can recommend using triton x 5% added to distilled water,its the same as tergitol used here, https://www.nedcc.org/audio-preservation/cleaning-discs

i have tried ready made fluids in the past and honestly this is without doubt the best ive used to date,the results are far better and you can make litres of the stuff very cheaply,the triton x will last you years!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triton-X-1...72.m2749.l2649
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Josie.

Hmm.. That sounds interesting. So it's just that and distilled water?

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast