+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE: Fidelity Research FR64x Tonearm

I'm Andrew.

Default FOR SALE: Fidelity Research FR64x Tonearm

Fidelity Research FR64x tonearm. £780
    IMG_0258.jpg
    Superb example of this classic high mass tonearm, beautiful black anodised aluminium with silver internal wiring, FR headshell, original box, external cable, and all accessories. Probably as good an example as you will find; superb condition.

The arm is a classic piece of industrial engineering, and the sound is exceptionally clear and neutral; a real open window that allows your cartridge to speak. It is especially good with low compliance cartridges; it sounds great with a Miyajima, for example.

It does look fantastic too, and is an excellent aesthetic match for a wide variety of decks.

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

montesquieu Guest

Struggling with myself not to buy this ... such a superb tonearm .... would be perfect for my new 401 in all black ... though I am getting amazing synergy at the moment with the AT-1010 ... someone buy this please ... no don't ... aargh ...

I'm Andrew.

An all black 401? I'd love to see a photo of that. Go on Tom, I feel this FR64x is destined for your collection...

montesquieu Guest

Here it is ... no doubt at all that the FR64x would be a lovely match here (though I have to say I've been well impressed with the AT-1010):

I'm Andrew.

That 401 looks great; interesting arm too.

FR64X still available

Bigman80 Guest

That Tonearm looks superb.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Still available

I'm Andrew.

Reduced to £750. That's as low as I will go.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Here it is ... no doubt at all that the FR64x would be a lovely match here (though I have to say I've been well impressed with the AT-1010):

At the risk of thread drift on a for sale thread, I have to say Tom that plinth looks wondeful with the Garrard 401. I like the way the TT is inset so that the top of the TT is flush with the plinth. I have a similar looking black gloss Japanese laquer Bastin-style (ie solid) plinth to house one of my Thorens 124s. It can take an additional 12" arm.

Again apologies for the tread drift Andrew.

The FR64 is a superb arm and I would buy it myself, were it not for the fact I have eight arms already, and more to the point I can't really afford it at the moment.

Good luck with the sale.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Still for sale

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast