+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [FS] The Mighty Lentek Integrated Amp

I'm Dave.

Default [FS] The Mighty Lentek Integrated Amp

Freshly back from Jez Arkless following repair and sounding fantastic. Really difficult to price as they so rarely come up, and this one is not immaculate, mark on top of fascia and rear corner otherwise nice, see pictures, so I'll start with £550

Last edited by Dandy; 21-07-2017 at 07:40. Reason: Add working picture
    Dave

I'm Grant.

all bells and whistles integrated. top class amp this; think Philip Swift of Audiolab had something to do with it. Good mc stage if memory serves
    glws
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jez.

I can confirm that this sounds shit hot and is in good electrical condition. Quite a work of art in electronics of the era in fact. Lots of completely discrete op amps, regulated PSU's for everything but the final supply to the output devices themselves. The rest of the power amp stages even have their own regulated PSU. The MC stage input is the same as the famous Lentek head amp!

GLWS
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Dave.

Thanks guys!
    I'll consider reasonable offers, especially if you can collect this mammoth amp (from Nantwich or Bath)
    Dave

I'm Edward.

If either Nantwich or Bath were near me I would audition this amp and I'm sure after a few minutes listen my expectations would be fully met and I would then bite your arm off.

Sadly I'm too far away. So GLWTS

By the way some very useful background information here. I'm sure the circuit diagrams are online somewhere as well.
    Last edited by Edward; 04-07-2017 at 09:57. Reason: grammar
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm matt.

Last edited by fatmarley; 04-07-2017 at 10:32.

I'm Geoff.

It takes serious money to better this. A tremendous integrated amplifier. £745 in 1978!

Seriously, I have one and it is a brilliant amp with compatible speakers. It offers tremendous bass grip with tonal neutrality and is a sublime match for speakers like the NS1000M and the Kef 104.2; speakers that are a stable drive but that reveal quality elsewhere in the chain.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oldius; 04-07-2017 at 21:00.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Graham.

Default I can also add how good these amps are.....

I also have one of these beauties after hearing the one Oldius owns at a bakeoff a couple of years ago.

Great drive and control with a very even response.

I can say that the phono input is very good as I use mine mostly just as a phono pre-amp.
    The mc input is much better (to my ears anyway) than the Lentek MC pre-amplier as I had one of these too and the integrated is still here but the pre-amplier was sold on.

It has lots of adjustments on both mm and mc inputs via rear mounted dip switches.

A true classic amp in every sense.

GLWTS.

I'm Alan.

When I was looking for an integrated amp in the 70s I listened to everything locally available in Teesside and Tyneside area this was the best I heard but it was just out of my budget, the next best Amp at the time IMO was the Rogers A100 which I bought and it is still going strong today
    Good luck in your sale a fantastic amplifier

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowphax View Post
    I also have one of these beauties after hearing the one Oldius owns at a bakeoff a couple of years ago.

Great drive and control with a very even response.

I can say that the phono input is very good as I use mine mostly just as a phono pre-amp.
    The mc input is much better (to my ears anyway) than the Lentek MC pre-amplier as I had one of these too and the integrated is still here but the pre-amplier was sold on.

It has lots of adjustments on both mm and mc inputs via rear mounted dip switches.

A true classic amp in every sense.

GLWTS.
    It is better than the head amp and, of course, much more adjustable with, I think, eight different resistance settings as against the fixed resistance of the Lentek head amp. It also has adjustable gain too with settings for 0.15, 0.25, 0.50 and 0.65 mv outputs

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oldius; 06-07-2017 at 20:12.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast