View Poll Results: How do you rate this album?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/10

1 5.00%
  • 2/10

0 0%
  • 3/10

0 0%
  • 4/10

0 0%
  • 5/10

0 0%
  • 6/10

0 0%
  • 7/10

0 0%
  • 8/10

2 10.00%
  • 9/10

8 40.00%
  • 10/10

9 45.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Album Club, July 2017: The Beatles - 'Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band'

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Do have a listen to the Magical Mystery Tour album. All your descriptions apply equally to MMT.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Thanks Edward, will do. Tried listening to Revolver on headphones via Spotify yesterday. I couldn't cope with the instrument separation left to right, particularly the guitar on Taxman so turned it off. Going to try again at home.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    There is a wealth of talent on display in almost every Beatles albums and listening to them in chronological order gives you a sense of how quickly they developed from a Rock n Roll band to pioneers of new sound and recording techniques. The best band of all time for that reason alone, never mind all the amazing songs they made lol
    The very noticeable change and development in music from the Beatles and contemporary bands in the later sixties, came about from experimentation with 'mind altering substances'. Not only did this influence the way bands played and wrote, but the era was one in which the demand for 'trippy', psychedelic music had to be met or bands would fall by the wayside, so to speak. It was the age of 'flowerpower' and 'love and peace' and being stoned etc......

(there is no best band of all time though )
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

Ah yes the stereo mastering done in he 60s and 70s very different then. Remember stuff was still being released in mono so stereo was often hard panned left right.

Try find the 2009 remaster of Revolver. I think it is better.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardlon View Post
    Ah yes the stereo mastering done in he 60s and 70s very different then. Remember stuff was still being released in mono so stereo was often hard panned left right.

Try find the 2009 remaster of Revolver. I think it is better.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Aye sure, i have a few records like that. Have it on at home as i type. Much much better.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post

Amen to that Geoff.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    The very noticeable change and development in music from the Beatles and contemporary bands in the later sixties, came about from experimentation with 'mind altering substances'. Not only did this influence the way bands played and wrote, but the era was one in which the demand for 'trippy', psychedelic music had to be met or bands would fall by the wayside, so to speak. It was the age of 'flowerpower' and 'love and peace' and being stoned etc......

It only my own personal opinion Geoff. I usually reach for the Beatles when I need a reset. It just sounds how music should to me.

Mind altering substances. Wonderful stuff!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

The 2009 remasters are all very good IMO. I only need yellow Submarine and Past masters to finish the box set.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

The best ones, besides Sgt. Pepper are, IMO
    A hard day's night
    Help !
    Rubber Soul
    White album

The very best
    With the Beatles
    Revolver

Having all they made is the best way to go of course
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Grant.

abbey rd and yellow sub are both very good too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Thanks to everyone who listened to this album and voted.

It seems to have been well received, which is gratifying. For myself I will give it 9.5, but since that is not possible I'll round that down to 9/10.

Cheers
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast