+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LFD AUDIO: For sale - LSI linestage / preamp

I'm Howard.

Default LFD AUDIO: For sale - LSI linestage / preamp

Well, hello.

I'm Neil.

It has been on sale for quite a while. I wonder how this sounds compared to the LS3 or DLS? Any thoughts?
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    It has been on sale for quite a while. I wonder how this sounds compared to the LS3 or DLS? Any thoughts?
    We searched and this is pretty much all we can find, other than prices seem to be climbing.

All line stages in this series are dedicated line level amplifiers offering comprehensive input switching and tape recording.
    A very low output impedance endows each amplifier with the ability to drive relatively long or highly capacitive cables with ease and removes the bandwidth limitations in some passive preamplifiers.

Another advantage of the zero feedback circuit topology adopted for the LS1 ,LS2 and LSB, is the significant reduction of transient distortions and dynamic overload.

Although the line stages share similar topologies, the ascending cost of each product allows improvements in the power supply and the utilisation of superior passive components.

The LSB is a special version of the LS2, with one balanced and 4 unbalanced inputs, and an unbalanced/balanced output.
    Gain 13 dB (LS2 and LSB) 9 dB (LS1)

Input Impedance <15 Ohm
    Min Input Impedance 14k (LS2 and LSB) 8k2 (LS1)
    Bandwidth 1 Hz- 100 kHz
    Gross Weight 6 kg
    Size 8.5 kg (LS2 and LSB) 7kg(LS 1) 480 mm*370 mm*7O mm
    Special Features
    Dual mono construction
    Zero overall feedback
    Star earthing
    Custom LC-OFC and PC-OCC wiring
    Regulated and RC smoothed power supply
    Well, hello.

I'm Neil.

Thanks, so as usual, very little information with regard to actual comparisons! :P
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Thanks, so as usual, very little information with regard to actual comparisons! :P
    I'm not qualified, in this instance, to offer any thoughts on comparisons. I'd rather not speculate on equipment that I don't have direct personal experience of. Meanwhile, the seller is offering 14 days sale or return in his ebay advert. That strikes me as very fair if one wanted to do a comparison under one's own conditions.
    Well, hello.

+ Reply to Thread