+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Celestion A3 Speakers - VGC

I'm Edward.

Default FS: Celestion A3 Speakers - VGC

NOW SOLD (I will miss these beauties!)

A very reluctant sale (due to WAF).

Celestion A3 floorstanding speakers. These speakers are simply awesome in terms of scale, impact, definition, micro-detail, width and soundstage.

These belong to a friend who allowed me to try before buying. However due to WAF I'm simply not allowed to keep them. I also realistically don't have the storage to keep them until WAF abates. I know I will regret having to sell them.

These speakers were the top of the range speakers Celestion made at the time (early 90s). No expense was spared in pursuit of quality.

Finished in Rosewood Santos and owned by my friend since new these speakers are in very good condition both cosmetically and soundwise. The tweeters on the A3s were a weak point, these have been replaced by ugraded/compatible KEF units (who made the original drivers). Invoice (Oct '14 for £226) for the new KEF units available. There is a small discolouration (1.1cm by 0.5mm) on the top of one speaker and a small (0.5mm) nick on the rear of the same speaker. Otherwise near mint I would say - but sold in VGC. These speakers just give and give.

Collection only due to weight/size (London N2 area - tea/biscuits). In fact I would highly recommend a good listen to these speakers - and if you wish to bring your own amp you are most welcome.

These speakers are a two-man lift (each weigh nearly 50kg) and will require an estate or large hatchback for delivery. Of course I will help with the pickup.

Original boxes and inserts with sale. Also with spike insulators (as pictured).

review
    http://www.audioenz.co.nz/1997/11/celestion-a3/

Specs:

Frequency response: 36Hz-20kHz±2dB
    Output sound pressure level: 90dB/2.83V/m
    Impedance: 4ohms
    Maximum input: 200W
    Crossover frequency: 300Hz, 3kHz
    Dimensions: Width 280x height 1130x depth of 400mm
    Weight: 46kg

£800.

Last edited by Edward; 02-07-2017 at 20:25. Reason: sold status
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Lawrence.

PM sent

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Edward.

And replied to ....

Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm brian.

Thats a shame Edward they look immense
    50 k each, blooming heck. Lawrence is a good guy to deal with ( picked up some hi fi mags there once ),
    Your near me as well but just to heavy to manage, and same as you er indoors no likey !.

I'm Edward.

Still for sale ...

Lawrence and I discussed this. As we all know Lawrence is a purist () and given that the tweeters were replaced the speakers are not pure he has declined the opportunity. Thanks for the interest Lawrence.

Brian (tapid) - feel free to come and listen. I'm sure you will want them and convince er indoors it is a 'must'.

Edward

I'm brian.

Thanks for the offer mate, will pm you.

I'm Lawrence.

Some crossed lines between email and SMS messages yesterday evening, but I am still trying to arrange a demo..

I'm Edward.

Sold, paid for and delivered. Awesome sound in Lawrence's gaff.

Thanks for the easy purchase Lawrence - I'm sure you will have many years enjoyable listening to these speakers.
    Last edited by Edward; 02-07-2017 at 20:22. Reason: update

I'm Lawrence.

Ah music again at last!

Thanks for dropping them off Edward, nice to meet you too. They sound lovely even in the bay, no boom. Now to do some serious listening to these custom Kef replacement tweeters.. Not sure what the wife will say when she gets back later!

I'm Edward.

Oh I'm sure she will love them especially once she hears of your daughter's custom paint job she is planning. Purple was it? Or Pink? Go for a mixture. I understand that Dulux do especially good paints.

In the meantime get your daughter to start with the crayons you suggested she use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast