+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: technics and lenco gl75

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    appreciate that andrew,and will certainly take you up on that offer when the time comes...in the mean time im keeping up on your progress through the forum.
    this was brought so i could play my records while i took my time on sorting out my poorly technics 1500 and doing afew mods to it....dont want to be lured to the darkside straight off before sorting the techie out
    No worries mate, I've buggered about with Technics decks as well http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...s-some-me-time I've not the pleasure of a 1500 so I can't help much, sorry!!!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm paul.

lol
    you dont do short threads do you andrew
    you guys are alot more into extracting the most from your turntables then i am,as a reference i wouldnt dream of spending much more then £150ish for a cartridge...tops!!
    so with that in mind i need to stay planted with costs of mods and the bits and bobs otherwise i would never reap the advantages with my cartridge price limit

its not that i dont believe in more expensive cartridges or anything like that,its just im clumsy and i probably drink alittle more then i should and know that it will be sooner rather then later that ill have a incident and trash the stylus...bad enough if its £150...more expensive and ill probably hang myself....well at least im honest
    ive been in this game around 37 years,turned my back on it many a time through the years to,but always ended up coming back to it in one form or another as i love music so much,ive certainly heard and owned some decent stuff through those years,but the biggest kick i find these days is buying something thats not silly money,cheap even in the grand scheme of things and sounds impressive and plays way above its weight...old or new it doesnt matter,along with modded or un-modded.
    at the end of the day the best upgrade ive ever heard and never fails every time i use it to make my system the best sounding in the whole wide world is afew big glasses of nice red wine
    now,my intrest has been perked up by constant mention and glowing views over the shure m55e....,i love the sound of the nag m110 and the denon dl110....do you guys think im gonna like a m55e??
    if so,what do they come in at for a good specced one....just soooooo much to read up on

I'm James.

The M55e is a perfect match with the Lenco and indeed was sold with this cartridge or the M44-7. If you can get an M55e with original NOS stylus this would be a great cartridge to run with the Lenco and I am sure you would not be disappointed with the sound. They go for around £70-£100 with original stylus but replacement n55 stylus is available from Jico as is the amazing Jico SAS (£200) stylus which turbo charges the M55e to another level. I use both options and they are both great although the JICO SAS is up there with some of the best modern MM stylus available on the market.

I have also used the At95e with the Lenco but I would say the M55e is much better!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Kevin.

On the cheaper side, have a look at the LP Gear stylus for the AT95e. The VL is a bit cheaper than the SA and gives you most of what the SA does. It reviewed well in HiFi Choice.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm paul.

hi guys
    many thanks for all the pointers and tips....hopefully ill have a shure m55 sorted for it soon,as that seems to be the in thing at the moment...hell ill try anything once,twice if i like it
    anyway just to let you know that i am now the proud owner of a lenco gl75....it arrived safely even if the seller did nothing i asked regarding packing and stripping it down for safe posting
    so far....loving it!!!
    Last edited by smithie; 08-07-2017 at 01:08.

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    On the cheaper side, have a look at the LP Gear stylus for the AT95e. The VL is a bit cheaper than the SA and gives you most of what the SA does. It reviewed well in HiFi Choice.
    No doubt it is, but what's the point of trying to polish a turd? The M55E is a far better cartridge and a perfect match for the arm. Well worth the extra spend.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    No doubt it is, but what's the point of trying to polish a turd? The M55E is a far better cartridge and a perfect match for the arm. Well worth the extra spend.
    lolol
    i guess we all have our views and "tastes" regarding various carts and stylus,ive only ever heard around 6 total,and none of them exceeding £150,so ill always appreciate a heads up on any sleepers or combos that offer a big chunk of quality,old or new.
    its all you guys with the knowledge and experience and share the results that is a life line for the likes of me and hopefully steer me in a direction to get the ultimate sound quality for my pounds
    regarding the at95e...cash flow was tight so i asked in this thread for a cheap cart/stylus to get me up and running,so it was certainly a valid option to include it here,having used one in the past i can certainly add its a no brainer for sound vrs price...i have no experience what so ever regarding replacement stylus,so cant comment if the extra price/tweak takes it to a whole new level,so ill leave that at that,but i always enjoy reading peoples finding and reviews on such things
    also bare in mind that my gl75 doesnt come with the standard arm,it has a ninn lvx...good or bad,thats what im working with...will the shure still be ok to use with that arm
    once again,thanks for all the help,input ,tips and advice....ive really fell in love with the deck...would really like to try and get the most out of it,so i may be willing to break afew of my budget limits i impose on myself in that quest when the time comes

regards
    paul

I'm Andrew.

Paul,

the M55E is a giant killer. I would save some money and go for the JICO neoSAS stylus and then say goodbye to faffing around with other carts or stylii. I've several MC carts costing several thousand quid and I can honestly hand on heart say that in some areas there is no difference in performance. The m55e tracks like shit on stick, is a fantastic all round performer with all genres of music, it's not a one trick pony. The linnbasic arm that you have mounted on the deck is perfect for the m55e. I understand you want to get the best out of the deck for as little money as possible. I think the Shure+JICO combo will enable you to do that.

Andy
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm paul.

hi andy
    much appreciate your thoughts and insight,have been reading up on everything you tried and played with regarding the lenco....anymore updates i may have missed?
    i like the wooden body idea to,so i will certainly take the shure to the max as you have done when funds allow,be silly not to if its so good,and once again thanks everyone for the advice and tips....feel free to keep them coming
    regards
    paul

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    hi andy
    much appreciate your thoughts and insight,have been reading up on everything you tried and played with regarding the lenco....anymore updates i may have missed?
    i like the wooden body idea to,so i will certainly take the shure to the max as you have done when funds allow,be silly not to if its so good,and once again thanks everyone for the advice and tips....feel free to keep them coming
    regards
    paul
    The wooden body costs about £45 delievered from Germany. I'm not sure how much of an affect it's had on my Shure cart as I did a few mods at the same time. So you might want to hold off from spending the money. Did you know that there is an in depth thread about this cart on the Forum? Probably every question, tweak and user experience has been documented in it.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast