+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: technics and lenco gl75

I'm paul.

Default technics and lenco gl75

hi all
    i have a Technics 1500 mk1 turntable,love it to bits but its a bit sick regarding holding true rpm...a common problem most would agree with this model
    anyhow,im gonna strip it right down and go through it,replacing caps etc,also going to replace arm for later technics 1210 arm along with rewire.
    i cant be without my turntable while this is all going on so im gonna look for something to tie me over while all this work goes on with the Technics.
    looking to get a Golding lenco 75 to fill the void,im curious to hear a idler turntable and this seems a cheapish way to give it a go,please look at my wanted ad if you can help regarding getting one
    anyway my question is this...
    what can i expect of the lenco,how would it compare sound wise to my dd Technics 1500? also if i maxed them both out regarding mods available for each deck,which do people feel will give the best and ultimate sound quality when all is said and done

kind regards
    smithie

I'm Andrew.

Have a look at my lenco 75 project thread in the idler sub section. You'll get some idea as to how far you can take a Lenco.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm paul.

hi andrew
    thanks for the heads up,ive started to read the thread....98pages

I'm paul.

i seem to be drawn to this
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/goldring-l...19.m1438.l2649

will probably bid on it latter,what do the lenco experts think...all new to me but im trying to read up...so much info out there
    if people think its worth going for then my next question is what do you guys think is the max its worth?
    any help much appricated

regards
    smithie

I'm Andrew.

That is a very nice deck with a lot of work done for you I'd buy that in a heartbeat you have the heat platter the five holed wheel a new plinth and tonearm. Go f or it .
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm paul.

on your advice...i have
    thanks

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    on your advice...i have
    thanks
    Oh! Well, I really really hope that your Lenco journey is a happy one. In all honesty I've had more fun with this deck than my other two (a 1210 and a Garrard 301).
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm brian.

I was in the same position as you about 18 months ago Paul thinking about trying a lenco, bought a mint one on ebay and now have 2 !
    As andy says this looks a fine example, arms been changed which will pleases many so whats not to like, good luck !Btw On one of mine
    I have decca s.g on vintage mayware arm and it sounds fabulous. best wishes.

I'm paul.

hi guys
    thanks for the insights and spur on....i have to try one now just to say i have,plus your thread on the gl75 mods rexton is infectious...and im only on page 32
    just out of interest ,what do you guys feel would be a sensible price on that turntable i linked to before i should throw in the towel if it goes abit silly ,like ebay can from time to time
    there doesn't really seem to be any ball park starting prices for these turntables,seem to go from one extreme to another

regards
    paul

I'm brian.

Surprised there s only one bid at the moment, this maybe get to £ 250 ? . I sold a mint 75, unserviced ( except new v blocks ) for £ 315 2 months ago, but it had box
    and full packaging so probably sent price up a bit, but that was still toppy i.m.o. Good luck anyway, well worth bidding upto 300 to my way of thinking, but thats just me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast