+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The lovely Sennheiser HD650

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Shane.

Default The lovely Sennheiser HD650

These are now going to be my 3rd set of HD650's

Prior to the HD650, I've been using AKG K701 (7 bump headband, made in Austria example)

I do have some moderate experience of the sound presentation. Having owned a few HD650's in the past.

After doing some quick research on Google. My HD650 appear to be a later made example. The outer/inner box is no longer silver, both are now black. The units/frame from inside (seen through the metal grill) is now silver. Plenty chat about it over on Head-Fi.

The HD650 is an absolute sumptuous sounding headphone, that doesn't over hype the spectrum. You get a nice even handed balance through the midrange and top. Bass is well extended, and god damn goes down deeeeep!!

What I also find interesting, is that the HD650 (being 300 ohms), is more easier to drive than the K701 (62 ohms) Both headphones have over 100 dB sensitivity.

There are some people that go around saying, the HD650 is a tad warmer sounding than the HD600.... Well they're bloody right, and I believe in the such claims.

The older brother HD600 to my ears, just sound a tad more realistic and leaner. There's really not a huge difference between the two brothers, in my opinion.

S.

I'm Grant.

Keep us informed Shane
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm tony.

I love my 650s, they are keepers. I have tried different cables but returned back to the Senn one as its cable isolation on clothing is superb and the standard plugs going into the headphones are more secure.

Try removing the inner foams to see if that sound suits you better-very similar to removing speaker grills.

The 700s build on what the 650s do, quite a bit more expensive but worth every penny IMHO..

enjoy!!!

I'm Ian.

I've been using a later pair of HD650's for a while now and I have to say they are the most comfortable headphones I've ever had and as for sound quality they are very good, from deep, deep bass right up to high treble. I've no plans to change them as they do everything I want.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Bill.

Do you prefer them to the Grado SR80 Shane?

I'm Hugh.

I prefer the HD600s myself. The HD650s do sound more 'impressive' initially, but I've come to the conclusion that the 600s are the more accurate.

Both are amazing comfortable, so it's just down to what sort of presentation you prefer.

I'm Shane.

I'll never tweak the 600/650. Simply because they don't frigging need it!! These headphones have been specially designed and tuned, to be what they are.

Bourneendboy- The Grado SR80 lacks grace compared to the HD650. It's as simple as that! To give the SR80 it's due, it has better musical timing!

S.

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    ....it has better musical timing!
    That's a very 'What Hi-Fi' sort of judgement.

(imho of course)

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    That's a very 'What Hi-Fi' sort of judgement.

(imho of course)
    Just trusting my ears, Hugh

S.

I'm Simon.

Have only ever had the HD600's but have been very happy with them. Can't see myself forking out for anything in the upper range as I rarely use headphones really as I prefer speakers, plus with having to wear glasses it can get uncomfortable after time. The thick comfy pads on the 600's are great, by far the best I've tried for comfort but at the end of the day it's still the pressure of them pushing the frames into my head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast