+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The uncomfortable but simple truths to help you succeed in (hifi?) life

I'm Howard.

Default The uncomfortable but simple truths to help you succeed in (hifi?) life

Having read the article twice and having thought about it, a bit, with regret I have to conclude that the writer is on to something here, albeit with respect to hi-fi makers and importer/distributors.

Without exception, all of the most financial successful ones do, from time to time, demonstrate the primary characteristic as identified.

Curiously, I don’t have a similar perception of this re HiFi retailers. In my direct personal experience, the vast majority of them don’t demonstrate this characteristic. Anyway …. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7815196.html

Neil
    Well, hello.

I'm Russell.

Wow that was hard to read, with all the pop ups blocking the screen. But I finally made it through. It does sound reasonably true, I was valedictorian in college, while it got me going quite well directly out of college, it sure didn't carry much weight beyond that. Me being a naturally honest and hard working person, I was constantly set back by lying, back stabbing, and credit taking people who often got jobs beyond mine. It constantly baffled me that even though the boss had to know they were dishonest, it didn't seem to bother him or her. But in hind sight, it seems that those who conduct themselves with the most confidence are the ones most people are attracted to, be it someone looking for a mate, or a boss looking for an employee, or a company looking to promote. Self confidence, whether it's deserved or not, seems to be an enviable trait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread