+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replica Tannoy GRF-R Narrow/slim versions

I'm Dave.

Very nice.

A tad better than my efforts with chipboard and screws..

I'm Steve.

Here's a review from the customer on receiving and unpacking.

"Steve
    The tannoys arrived this morning and were a credit to your packing skills. Parked up in my garage till I got some help later this afternoon to move them into the house. Having rearranged some furniture to accommodate them I got them fired up. As a first impression they are everything I had hoped for. I suppose I was looking for a similar sound to my stand mount WLM Divas. They are in the same vein, both use dual concentric drivers but the tannoys are giving much more bass.

You've done an excellent job in putting these together and finishing them to a high standard. The castors are a genius addition making them so easy to move around and make small changes to position. They are the biggest speakers I have ever had. You should have seen my wife's reaction. Just as well that they are in a dedicated music room.

I need to do a little tidying before I take some photos but will be in touch again soon."

It's also worth noting that the bass can be tuned to suit the room. Not only via the Tannoy Level and Rolloff crossover switches but also by adding a layer of acoustic foam from through the horn mouth opening if necessary. The latter is useful for smaller rooms but most do not need to adjust. Bass will be deep and tuneful but never overpowering.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy.steve View Post
    Here's a review from the customer on receiving and unpacking.

"Steve
    The tannoys arrived this morning and were a credit to your packing skills. Parked up in my garage till I got some help later this afternoon to move them into the house. Having rearranged some furniture to accommodate them I got them fired up. As a first impression they are everything I had hoped for. I suppose I was looking for a similar sound to my stand mount WLM Divas. They are in the same vein, both use dual concentric drivers but the tannoys are giving much more bass.

You've done an excellent job in putting these together and finishing them to a high standard. The castors are a genius addition making them so easy to move around and make small changes to position. They are the biggest speakers I have ever had. You should have seen my wife's reaction. Just as well that they are in a dedicated music room.

I need to do a little tidying before I take some photos but will be in touch again soon."

It's also worth noting that the bass can be tuned to suit the room. Not only via the Tannoy Level and Rolloff crossover switches but also by adding a layer of acoustic foam from through the horn mouth opening if necessary. The latter is useful for smaller rooms but most do not need to adjust. Bass will be deep and tuneful but never overpowering.
    Don't know who wrote this, but I know I hate him 😂 lol

If only ...... 😑

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12