+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Good Budget Computer For Music?

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions. I will certainly try and get the minimum specification suggested.

I cant really afford a mac mini although I knew that would be suggested.

Best wishes
    Martin
    I got my latest Macmini off eBay for under £300 just over a year ago, it was the latest spec at the time and had 6 months of the original Apple warranty left on it, there are bargains to be had if you hunt round.
    Regards
    Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Tony.

+me on using a NUC
    They are a great no fuss option and easy to configure or expand. Use them in all kinds of ways in work as they a great low-footprint option on the shop-floor and training room.
    If you using Windows, that's what I would look at.

+me on using a Mac Mini
    I use an older (2010) Macbook Pro at home but I'm pretty agnostic as far as platforms are concerned, have used them all to some extent (and still do).
    I agree that slightly older Mac models can be a real bargain as they are more open to 'upgrade' than the newer models, a nice little Macmini would also serve you very well indeed.

you won't go wrong with either of these options...
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12