+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Project - EAR 834P CLONE

I'm Andrew.

Some options that I wont be adding to the Clone.

A SUT.
    An MC option.
    Dual volume knobs for L+R channels.
    No two box version

There will be some monumental amounts of tube rolling and maybe a little bit of cash spent on some boutique parts if I get chance to have a look around hifi collective.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm David.

Here’s my build thread over on LH http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/ind...?topic=23945.0
    David.

I'm Andrew.

Thanks. I will start at some point going through these threads.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

A little more progress. I managed to get a quick hour away from child to populate the PCB.

DSCN3352.jpgDSCN3353.jpg

Transformer has been orderded. I've managed to find a load of solid core silver for the internal wiring. Just awaiting the case to arrive. Also having a little splurge at hifi collective!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

I've been chipping away at this slowly whilst doing several other projects. So, I've optimised the leg length of several caps and resistors. My transformer has arrived so now its time for a case. Now this is where you can spend a chunk of cash on a nice looking case or you can think laterally. I initially found an unpopulated case costing £85 from China but it needed a shed load of drilling and other bits and pieces doing. So, enter cash generators! I've seen a few old amps for sale but with a killer case and here's the kicker the IEC, on/off switch are already installed, the RCA and various power holes are already drilled and I can get the case as soon as I hand my cash over and it's cheaper than £85. Its a win/win/win situation I get a cheap case with sexy grab handles, several of the components are already installed so they cost nothing and I dont have to waste time or money modding the case too much. Cabling has also been sorted out and its a mixture of solid 2mm silver or copper, this cost NOTHING!

DSCN3365.jpg

I have had to spend some money on this build! I bought x3 of these little beauties. General Electric 5751 JAN GE NOS, miltary spec with very low microphony, these cost £<90 which is a lot cheaper than HotRoxUK who wanted £180 for the same piece of kit

s-l1600.jpg

I've also splurged and bought some valve dampening rings and being a tight arse I managed to save some money here as well. I needed 9 in total but I would have had to buy as these are usually sold in pairs. The cheapest price I could find for x2 was £2.99 meaning 10 would have cost £15 I managed to get 9 delivered from China for £9. I'm currently on the look out for a female IEC and I'd like a pure copper version from Furutech and I would also like some solid copper female RCA's or better still some Pure silver jobbies. My final bargain came from AOS and this is the power lead which will power the new clone. This is a lovely power cable with high purity OPCC copper from Furutech its a tripped shielded mains lead and it also has silver plated IEC and plug, total should have been over £100, I managed to get this baby for £65.

IMG_1775_web.jpg

I'm still hunting for bits and pieces and I'm in now rush to finish this project as I already have one 834 clone up and running! So stay tuned.....
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Bit more progress tonight. Finally decided upon the case I'm going to using and yes it's got grab handles .
    s-l500.jpg

Furutech high purity copper IEC.
    s-l5002.jpg

Just a few odds and sods and then I should be able to start assembly.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Hmmmm very near to starting to finish this project

More components

DSCN3371.jpg

The box finally arrives and is assembled (GRAB HANDLES)!

DSCN3373.jpg

A quick mock-up.

DSCN3374.jpg

More to follow.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Tony.

Nice, I see you've gone with the Russian PIO caps.

I used these in my Yaqin MC100B to replace the cheap Chinese Dragon Coupling Caps.

They sound really nice in my amp.

I've been tempted to just buy one of those Douk 834P clones (MC) for a looksie but can't help but be skeptical as to what they have used as a SUT.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing your report on the finished item.
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    can't help but be skeptical as to what they have used as a SUT.
    They haven't. You use your own.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    They haven't. You use your own.
    I was referring to the pre-built 834P that Douk sell on ebay.

The SUT are housed in what seems like everyday copper plumbing pipe!
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast