+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Project - EAR 834P CLONE

I'm Oliver.

Probably not Jez, and not a challenge to you with your skills either.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Jolida JD9 MKII > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Mark.

Default Latest Project - EAR 834P CLONE

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I'd consider designing a "paradise on the cheap" if there was the demand... but there isn't....
    There probably is a demand as Si has ended up building 20+ of the 'full fat' Paradises. However, you would need one fully built and tarted up to punt round potential customers and pundits. Then you need some half eloquent reviews - none of this, 'yeah I bought one and it's great' rubbish, or 'I know nothing about audio but I compared it to my transistor radio and it blew me away'. Then you need to consider customers from all over the country and abroad and wait for some of them to post enthusiastically about it - and only then will there be an actual demand .

100% Analogue

I'm AnDreW.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    There probably is a demand as Si has ended up building 20+ of the 'full fat' Paradises. However, you would need one fully built and tarted up to punt round potential customers and pundits. Then you need some half eloquent reviews - none of this, 'yeah I bought one and it's great' rubbish, or 'I know nothing about audio but I compared it to my transistor radio and it blew me away'. Then you need to consider customers from all over the country and abroad and wait for some of them to post enthusiastically about it - and only then will there be an actual demand .
    they are all different as well so any review would be pointless.
    SS CD Teac VRDS25X(Mega Modded) DAC Caiman SEG+Anker PSU DECK 1210 Mat Analog Studio Crystal Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony arm Board Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/Jaeger(low-impedance) connector/3 StageRegs/Recapped PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

Valve PRECroft Epoch(Mega Modded) AMP Sondex S100 SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Reference XO DECK Garrard301 MatTeunto GunMetal Bearing SPH Plinth Moldovan Arm SME 3012(Ikeda Ag wired) PSU NSC MCAg Meister SPU/DECCA Maroon CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ Speaker3mm2Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostage Paradise

I'm Jez.

All of which is precisely the reason I won't be doing anything about it! I detest all the marketing, advertising, public relations, sycophancy, "back scratching" etc part of the business. If people were to come to me begging for such a thing I'd do it but if I've got to "create the demand" I just ain't interested...

I'm Mark.

'If people come to you begging' - you have more chance of winning the lottery. How do you think demand happens? It isn't just some spontaneous force of nature!

100% Analogue

I'm Jez.

'If people come to you begging' - you have more chance of winning the lottery. How do you think demand happens? It isn't just some spontaneous force of nature!
    I do things differently. If so many people are so damn keen to have one of these phono stages then they'll come to me. Not the other way round. If that results in zero sales and zero interest then so be it. Simples.

I'm Adam.

I do things differently. If so many people are so damn keen to have one of these phono stages then they'll come to me. Not the other way round. If that results in zero sales and zero interest then so be it. Simples.
    Looks like it would be very limited sales wise with that approach..
    "lack of passion is fatal"
    LP12, Kore, Lingo2, Aro, SKale / DV XX2Mk2 / WAD 300b Power Modded, Mesh Plate Valves / David Coe AD Audio 'Satchmo' Pre & Phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / AD Audio 'Little Gate' Jfet MC Cartridge Amp / Tannoy 12" MGs in Chatsworth size cabs / Speaker Cables: Duelund DCA16GA / Rpi3 & Digi + pro / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / SW1X Audio Design DAC 1 Signature / Interconnects: Duelund DCA20GA home brew / SW1X Audio Phono SPDIF AERO 6 / David Coe AD Audio Silver USB / Synology NAS Drive / Tidal HiFi

I'm Neil.

Good luck with that then.
    Audiophile News & Music Review an INDEPENDENT online audio magazine, focusing on 2-channel audio equipment and wonderful music!

I'm Oliver.

😂😂😂 you kill me Jez.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 tonearm > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Jolida JD9 MKII > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

I'm Jez.

FFS guys I have no particular wish to make Paradise clones or even cheaper versions... My point was that if lots of people REALLY want one I could be interested in going for it but I'm not bothered one way or the other so I ain't going out looking for this business.. either it comes to me or it doesn't happen and I'm fine either way....

Forget I ever said I could make them if it suits you folks...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast