+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Project - EAR 834P CLONE

Bigman80 Guest

Probably not Jez, and not a challenge to you with your skills either.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Deleted.

Default Latest Project - EAR 834P CLONE

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I'd consider designing a "paradise on the cheap" if there was the demand... but there isn't....
    There probably is a demand as Si has ended up building 20+ of the 'full fat' Paradises. However, you would need one fully built and tarted up to punt round potential customers and pundits. Then you need some half eloquent reviews - none of this, 'yeah I bought one and it's great' rubbish, or 'I know nothing about audio but I compared it to my transistor radio and it blew me away'. Then you need to consider customers from all over the country and abroad and wait for some of them to post enthusiastically about it - and only then will there be an actual demand .
    Account Deleted

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    There probably is a demand as Si has ended up building 20+ of the 'full fat' Paradises. However, you would need one fully built and tarted up to punt round potential customers and pundits. Then you need some half eloquent reviews - none of this, 'yeah I bought one and it's great' rubbish, or 'I know nothing about audio but I compared it to my transistor radio and it blew me away'. Then you need to consider customers from all over the country and abroad and wait for some of them to post enthusiastically about it - and only then will there be an actual demand .
    they are all different as well so any review would be pointless.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Jez.

All of which is precisely the reason I won't be doing anything about it! I detest all the marketing, advertising, public relations, sycophancy, "back scratching" etc part of the business. If people were to come to me begging for such a thing I'd do it but if I've got to "create the demand" I just ain't interested...
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Deleted.

'If people come to you begging' - you have more chance of winning the lottery. How do you think demand happens? It isn't just some spontaneous force of nature!
    Account Deleted

I'm Jez.

'If people come to you begging' - you have more chance of winning the lottery. How do you think demand happens? It isn't just some spontaneous force of nature!
    I do things differently. If so many people are so damn keen to have one of these phono stages then they'll come to me. Not the other way round. If that results in zero sales and zero interest then so be it. Simples.

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Adam.

I do things differently. If so many people are so damn keen to have one of these phono stages then they'll come to me. Not the other way round. If that results in zero sales and zero interest then so be it. Simples.
    Looks like it would be very limited sales wise with that approach..
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Howard.

Good luck with that then.
    Well, hello.

Bigman80 Guest

😂😂😂 you kill me Jez.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Jez.

FFS guys I have no particular wish to make Paradise clones or even cheaper versions... My point was that if lots of people REALLY want one I could be interested in going for it but I'm not bothered one way or the other so I ain't going out looking for this business.. either it comes to me or it doesn't happen and I'm fine either way....

Forget I ever said I could make them if it suits you folks...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast