+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sale for James Coltart (Sovereign) - Post 1

I'm Colin.

Hi Lee,

James had those on loan to pass around the forum, but we will love to donate the money from there sale to Molly and Chloe, check our web site for cost etc. as I have not clue.

https://www.elsdonwonforaudio.com/cable-prices-uk

I'm Mike.

The pics of beech coloured wood show Russ Andrews Torlyte platforms
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Colin.

Kevin,

No it is not it is a one off SECA Amp I did for James a special it is 50W/Ch and there is only this one.
    It sounds superb and James did a fantastic Job, to build from scratch would cost about £2K without the time cost.
    It was the first one I did after the TQ era, and has I say the only one.
    CCT are available.

I'm Colin.

This is a SECA Headphone and Phono Pre, again a one off only, just for James.
    A pre-amp PCB and a Power Supply PCB again CCT are available value for PCB about £200.00

It has a special MP3 input which make the signal from good MP3, sound like a Phono stage. BW 20Hz-20KHz flat

I'm Colin.

This is the unfinished 50W SECA PCB as James was going to go Bi-Amping , God that would be loud BW 5Hz - 100KHz Flat DF over 1000 with the transformers from Canterbury windings, but you will need a big heatsink.

Value for PCB about £200.

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    Kevin,

No it is not it is a one off SECA Amp I did for James a special it is 50W/Ch and there is only this one.
    It sounds superb and James did a fantastic Job, to build from scratch would cost about £2K without the time cost.
    It was the first one I did after the TQ era, and has I say the only one.
    CCT are available.
    Invaluable input. Thanks Colin.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Colin.

A proto-type Alps Pot and selector passive pre I did for James to Play with Offer Over £80 please.

I'm Colin.

Just a reminder this was my dear friend James and lovely Chloe, and this is what the money from these sales will help a little in paying bills. Please Help Please.

I'm Gary.

Interested in the LS-XXV speaker cables here, PM'd Lee for more information Col.

Cracking picture that.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Ben.

I think I can shed a little light on the balanced mains unit.

James built one for me that I believe was the same from a specs POV. He called it the MTBPS ("Mother Trucker Balanced Power Supply")
    I paid him £600 all inclusive to do so.
    I've just been looking through old correspondence to confirm the specs, but can't find the relevant emails or messages unfortunately. It's possible we discussed it over the phone or via text.
    From memory, the balanced toroid in the unit is rated 3kVA, but has a 5kVA core. James knew someone in the industry who wound toroids and had him make these bespoke ones specially to order.
    It's a great piece of kit.

On a personal note, thanks to those who are co-ordinating this sale. The proceeds will certainly help his family. I knew James only a little but I valued his friendship a great deal. He was a good person. I am sure he would have felt gratitude to those who are now helping out those who were nearest and dearest to him by finding good homes for his audio gear.

Following his death, I placed what I hope was a fitting little momento on the MTBPS he built for me.
    RIP Sov!

Last edited by docfoster; 28-06-2017 at 18:42.
    NVA TFS media PC > One4 (Wonfor) Class A power amp > Homemade 3-way speakers
    DC blocker > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply.
    TQ (Wonfor) UB cables.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast