+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sale for James Coltart (Sovereign) - Post 1

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Correct on the transformer specs Ben, I discussed this with James a while back.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Andrew.

any chance of more pics of the balanced mains supply, especilly from the back?
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Ben.

Good point.
    Mine simply has an iec and an MK double mains socket on the back, but based on the photo of James' own one here, it looks like he's done something different with his.
    NVA TFS media PC > One4 (Wonfor) Class A power amp > Homemade 3-way speakers
    DC blocker > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply.
    TQ (Wonfor) UB cables.

I'm Ben.

Thanks for the confirmation Ali.
    NVA TFS media PC > One4 (Wonfor) Class A power amp > Homemade 3-way speakers
    DC blocker > Sovereign MTBPS balanced power supply.
    TQ (Wonfor) UB cables.

I'm Lee.

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all the responses and information. Doing my best to stay on top of it.

For the speaker cables, the LS-V is 5m and the LS-XXV is 5.2m, so presuming the prices on the website are for a pair, they would be worth £426 and £876 respectively built new. Is is reasonable to ask for offers circa 50% of the new price? I.E. Circa £210 for the LS-V and circa £440 for the LS-XXV? They are visually in very good condition, the LS-V has both cables in a single box, the LS-XXVs are in cloth bags in separate boxes.

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    any chance of more pics of the balanced mains supply, especilly from the back?
    James used PowerCON True 1 inputs and outputs for this one.

I think there also some True 1 to IEC cables of decent spec that could be supplied along with the balanced supply.

I'm Des.

The DDDac 1794 project probably cost around £1100 to get to the point it is at the moment (choke power supply, dddac psu, mainboard, dac board, usb board, shunt regs and case) but there is a newer version available that is a bit cheaper and would save £100 to £150 as it has built in shunt regs. There are a couple of extra transformers in the case that aren't needed for a standard build, maybe the plan was to add a streamer or split the mainboard supply between digital and analogue. I've just finished one without the choke supply or usb board and it cost £650 to finish. Hope this helps.....
    Rega RP8/RB3000/AT OC9XML, Clones Audio PA1, DDDac1794/Pi4, Rega Elicit-r, Bastanis Wildhorn speakers.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Oh my god I missed this very sad news about James

I met him a few times and he was a really lovely person

I just can't believe it, it's so very very sad and I'm sitting here crying

My thoughts are with Molly and Chloe

Rest in peace James xx
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Adam.

HI Lee
    I have PM'd you again regarding the Altec drivers
    give us a shout when you can please
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Colin.

Hi Lee Tom on HFS wants to buy this

by Ithilstone

Hi Colin,

I recently registered on AoS but it takes a long time to be able to sent PM to members there
    Do you know or are able to pass the question to docfoster from AoS if Sovereign's MTBPS is still for sale

Regards,
    Tom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234