+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sale for James Coltart (Sovereign) - Post 1

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    wouldn't this get better views in private exhibitions?
    No. This is not a sales offer. Lee wants to confirm the identity of these items and get an idea of values. He can't list these in Private Exhibtions until he has that info.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adam.

Thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.
    Sent you a pm
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    The valve DAC is a bit special.

Ask Ali Tait on here.
    Yep, that about covers it, great dac this.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Lee.

Thank you. Yes, mainly trying to get an idea of what the items are worth initially. I get the impression Molly is keen to get thing moving as soon as possible but obviously it's important to make sure she's getting a fair price, not a fire sale. For items that are easily valued (e.g. the branded speaker cables) then fair offers can go straight to Molly from here. The more valuable items I will re-list individually with detailed photos once I've got more info.

I'm Gary.

Good on you Lee for helping out.

The valve Dac I'm very familiar with, Ali Tait having brought it over to my place several times and I've heard it at his.
    Superb bit of kit, deserves to sell.

I'm interested in the EWA speaker cable personally Lee, if the right length for my needs (at least 2.2 ish metres long) I'll buy them.

Private Message sent.

thanks
    Gary.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 27-06-2017 at 20:47.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm mark.

The mid divers in the OB speakers look like Saba Greencones. They could well be a Troels design?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes they are I believe.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Colin.

I have been asked to to photo up but as yet no photos to put up.

I did suggest to Molly I called at her time to take photos, but she is I suspect still in pain, God Bless you both.

And Lee is a much closer friend so Lee send photo's on please.

Best Col

I'm Kevin.

Colin,

Your input into the various bits you have designed/manufactured would be good.
    The SECA amp is one item that interests me, but I have no idea on what a fair value would be.
    Could you give Lee some pointers (if you have not already)?

It is good to see this being done properly. It is a sad thing to have to do.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Lee.

Thanks for all the responses. Colin, I'll send the more detailed photos on to you.

Molly measured the speaker cables for me today, one pair of LS-XXVs are 5.2m, one pair of LS-V 5m.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast