+ Reply to Thread

Thread: at least we dont have Donald..........

I'm Grant.

Default at least we dont have Donald..........

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

All sorts of craziness in America these days. Did you know that in some states, it is now an offence to have a rainwater butt on your property. The falacious argument being that it deprives water companies of resources. I think it may even be a federal crime.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jez.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ulow-donations

And I don't see anywhere that he's in jail or even likely to go there!!
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    All sorts of craziness in America these days. Did you know that in some states, it is now an offence to have a rainwater butt on your property. The falacious argument being that it deprives water companies of resources. I think it may even be a federal crime.
    My Niece who lives in Houston was amazed when she saw my Solar panels.... Apparently they would seriously devalue your property in Texas and may make it un-sellable!

I struggle to understand a nation where corporate profits are protected by legislation designed to criminalise citizens. I'm referring to the waterbutt's above as well as raw milk and Cider amongst other things. Why should a government care if you want to drink the milk from your own Cow? It's not as if they're going to foot the bill if you get Brucellosis! Which brings me on to healthcare. What's that all about? What civilised nation would allow it's poorest and neediest to suffer because they can't afford huge healthcare bills. Worse, it's not even a mistake or letting them slip through the net, it's Policy. By design. From the top. Truly incomprehensible.

I'm Grant.

yes, its a fairly disgusting regime. He wants to make America great again, well he should start by trying to gain himself and his country some respect first... you cant gain respect doing what he is doing.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I just cant get over the fact that he uses twitter in the role of President of America. He seems to use it as a troublesome schoolboy would and it brings no dignity to the highest office in the land.

Making America Great Again is just a soundbite he has latched on to. How is he really going to achieve that when they have been shipping jobs overseas and jobs have been dying out for decades? He is going to make the rust belt boom again is he?

Sorry but it all seems like a bad joke and I can't take him seriously. Heaven help America but it all has wider ramifications for the rest of the world. I switch the telly off if he appears.

Theres a picture in the local art shop of Trump in the bunker with a load of cartoon characters like mickey mouse etc. Carnage reigns above and the caption reads something along the lines of "careful what you wish for"

I'm Mike.

I don't know what bothers me more, him personally or the blind faith of his followers? Talk about defending the indefensible.......

+ Reply to Thread