+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUAD system from the mid 60's and a 16mm Projector from 1960.

I'm Andrew.

Default QUAD system from the mid 60's and a 16mm Projector from 1960.

I am the keeper of my Grandfathers wonderful hi-fi system. I think it was built around 1964/5. I took the responsibility of storing the system. It comprises: 2 x Quad II Amps with consecutive serial numbers, a Quad 22 Control Unit, an FM Tuner complete with Instruction Book, a Thorens TD124 deck complete with Manual. It has a Decca arm and two pick ups for 78 and 33. The whole lot was originally housed in a cabinet. I have the components which have not been used since 1985.

I also have my Grandfathers 1960 Bell & Howell 630-D Projector together with Bell & Howell Speaker and Microphone Kit. All in their original boxes. An array of new valves, lenses, oil bottles, manuals and reels.

I also have a 4 legged metal "Stand" for the Projector that has removable legs. A film splicing tool. Many bought films from the 50's and 60's.

I would like to sell all these items to a good home where they will be valued.

Andy in Buxton, Derbyshire.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bigman80 Guest

Hi Andrew,

If you are selling these, you need to post it in the "Private Exibitions" area. Also, you have to have a price on them. Nice looking gear!

I'm Geoff.

I think Andrew is seeking values and opinions on equipment he has before offering them for sale in the Private Exhibitions sales area. The non Hi-Fi movie items can possibly be offered in the Abstract Chat section, subject to approval from mods.

Any sales offers have to be accompanied by photos and firm prices. I'm sure members can give opinions on valuations.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

And if you are selling the Thorens TD124 and Decca items Andrew, here would be the place to discuss them prior to listing them in Private Exhibitions. I'm sure there would be interest in them.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

One of last quad 2 mono went for £300 plus and that was in "non working" condition. so min £600 for the 2 and if working a fair bit more. 124's dont come up often but make good money. again tho much will depend on condition.

projector etc wont be sold here tho i would say go to a photography site for that
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dennis.

I am interested in the 124.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I am interested in the 124.
    Andrew would need a sensible valuation first, then it a sale offer can be placed in Private Exhibitions.

I'm Hugh.

Well, more pictures at least. Particularly the Thorens and the Decca.

I'm Andrew.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I will provide pictures.

I'm Andrew.

Default Pictures of TD124

Here are some pics of the Thorens TD124 I want to sell.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast