+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Maidstone

I'm Lee.

Default Hello from Maidstone

Hi everyone,

I'm actually joining here to help with the sale of HiFi kit belonging to James Coltart (Sovreign) who sadly passed away recently. I think his widow, Molly Coltart, has asked a number of people to help. I live around the corner from the Coltarts so I'm in a position to help. I'm not a true hi-fi person, my hobby is live PA so I do know the equipment to an extent.

My setup is an Onkyo receiver, Project Debut turntable and Celestion 66 speakers. James kept trying to get me to build a custom DAC rather than playing iTunes music through my Apple TV...

I can see that there is already a sales thread started. Once I've got permission I will add photos to the thread. I'm aware that I'm an unknown on this forum so feel free to verify who I am... I know a few people have visited James in Maidstone and know Molly. I did go with James to a DAC and amp shootout in Basildon once but I can't remember who was there.

I'm sure the many people who interacted with James on this forum, and spent time with him in person, will know he was a top bloke and the world is a darker place without him. It was quite sad going through his garage and half-finished projects. I think there's plenty there that people here would be interested in, and if not then some help with identifying items so Molly can get them sold elsewhere would be fantastic.

Lee Collier

I'm Geoff.

Hello Lee. Welcome to AOS.

It's very sad about James, condolences to Molly and family. I'm sure we can help Molly and yourself in identifying, pricing and selling his Hi-Fi.

I'd suggest starting a thread in our Blank Canvas section with your questions and maybe some equipment photos. Then members can give opinions.

Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rob.

Welcome Lee. You never know you might get the hifi bug.......it's all downhill from there.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Lee.

Thank you. I have started the thread here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...024#post877024

+ Reply to Thread