+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annoying buzz from downlighters

I'm Clive.

Are the lights LED? Some LED lights and their smps dish out terrible RF to the point where it swamps the signal for mobile phones. If you've something like this going on it could easily bleed into the hifi too.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Nigel.

Yes they are LED Clive
    It just occurred to me though that it wasn't noticeable when using the Salvation t/t with Verus rim drive
    Currently using a Lenco G99

I'm Clive.

Have other brand LEDs you could try? Might be the power supplies though...could be either. Should have stayed with the Salvation!
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Nigel.

Still have the Salvation Clive plus Lenco G88, Garrard 301 and 401
    I like turntables!

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shaman View Post
    Yes they are LED Clive
    It just occurred to me though that it wasn't noticeable when using the Salvation t/t with Verus rim drive
    Currently using a Lenco G99
    Does the problem only occur when using the turntable? If so, what is the cartridge?

I'm Jostein.

Got some problems myself with the downlights at the kitchen which has a dimmer. Yesterday they made a strange sound after being turned, and these have a been a bit unstable previously with some of the lights now working. The previous house owner was a bit too happy with these kind of solutions. I suspect them to send some noise into the power. I aim to get all these dimmers removed shortly and have contacted a electrician to check it.
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm Mick.

Have you considered a "Grounding box" ???

Can you pin it down to the amp or one of the inputs then work from there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12