+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yet again, another Squeezbox related question!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    I stopped using my SBT a while ago and my NAS more recently. I run LMS using Picoreplayer on a Raspberry Pi attached to a 512GB SSD containing all my music and I can use Spotify Premium. I control it from my phone using Squeeze Control and it synchs nicely with my SB Radio. It works a treat.
    Your Touch should work quite happily using your Pi server too.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    I've dragged this over from your other current thread, and I'm in agreement with Will.
    I have also mentioned on more than one occasion to you that the embedded server in the Touch is not up to much, and running server on a separate device would be less problematic.
    Sounds a bit like an "I told you so", doesn't it?
    It's not meant to, but it comes across that way.
    ...horse, water, lead, drink etc.
    Cheers, Will

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Alp View Post
    I stopped using my SBT a while ago and my NAS more recently. I run LMS using Picoreplayer on a Raspberry Pi attached to a 512GB SSD containing all my music and I can use Spotify Premium. I control it from my phone using Squeeze Control and it synchs nicely with my SB Radio. It works a treat.
    Big fan of piCorePlayer here...

I keep my flac files on my NAS, run LMS on a pi3, streaming to an EDO Touch, pi2 audiophonics, SBoom, and an old SB3, using piCorePlayer...I can also reference the same library on my computers...replacing a NAS with an HD is a backward step IMHO

I'm trialling Spotify premium (320kb/s) using a Chromecast Audio via optical into the same DAC as my Touch, not bad, but not up with the Touch/flac combo...however at £25 it's superb VFM, although I doubt I'll continue with spotify
    Cheers, Will

I'm Craig.

Gentlemen,
    At the end of the day all I want is to be able to switch something on, and enjoy music, is that too much to ask without needing to go to night school to use it?
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

If you want it that simple get yourself a CD player, and a radio.
    Chris

I'm Craig.

If you want it that simple get yourself a CD player, and a radio.
    I'll rephrase that then,

I want to listen to streamed music without the hassles that I've had in the past with the Touch.
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Grant.

an rpi/and dac board or your own dac and moode works perfectly, as does jriver from a laptop to a dac. i have a long cable from pc to where i listen and use jriver remote on ipad. works perfectly or i use my rpi which is just as flawless. also got a chromecast that works just fine too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    ...you'd need to invest in a NAS, and if you did that your SBTouch would work much better too, as you could run LMS on it, or even on a pi, instead of overloading your touch!
    Which part of the above is difficult to understand, Craig?
    The embedded server (ie the one you're using) is not great, because it doesn't have sufficient processing grunt, and you've been told this umpteen times by various folk on this forum.
    It works much, much better when something else is performing server duties and controlling the players.

I have been running mine on a puny NAS (Zyxel NSA310) for years (since 2010), and in all that time it has been extremely reliable.
    The only problem I've had was when the wirelessly connected player wouldn't play one time, and a reboot of the router, player and NAS sorted it out.
    Chris

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    I'll rephrase that then,

I want to listen to streamed music without the hassles that I've had in the past with the Touch.
    Hi Craig, I'd suggest you have 4 options (at least)...in decending order of 'ellegance'

1. Get yourself a NAS and put your music files and LMS on there, your SBTouch will now work reliably

2. If you don't want to use a NAS, and prefer a local HDD and a one box solution, take Grant's advice and check out Moode or Volumio on a rPi3, it's relatively straightforward

3. If that's night school territory then why not just use a laptop?

4. Some ridiculously expensive proprietary one box solution, there are a few out there but I have no experience of any...
    Cheers, Will

I'm Craig.

Which part of the above is difficult to understand, Craig?
    The embedded server (ie the one you're using) is not great, because it doesn't have sufficient processing grunt, and you've been told this umpteen times by various folk on this forum.
    It works much, much better when something else is performing server duties and controlling the players.

I have been running mine on a puny NAS (Zyxel NSA310) for years (since 2010), and in all that time it has been extremely reliable.
    The only problem I've had was when the wirelessly connected player wouldn't play one time, and a reboot of the router, player and NAS sorted it out.
    Chris,
    Just because I don't understand why using a NAS makes the SBT work without issues doesn't mean I'm not listening to suggestions.

What sort of money are we looking at for one?
    Bluesound Node 2i
    B&W DM607 s2
    Klotz ic’s

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast