+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just replaced my old, creaky, loud laptop with a Raspberry PI running Kodi

I'm Andrew.

Thumbs up Just replaced my old, creaky, loud laptop with a Raspberry PI running Kodi

Running it headless, plugged in to my Arcam rDac. This is best thing ever, can control it from pretty much anything, it's silent, my DAC works perfectly with it and I have all the plugins for music streaming that I need.

Very impressed, should done this ages ago!!

I'm Paul.

Do you stream spotify and/or your own music from it? How does that work? Im guessing there is a Spotify app/plugin for kodi, but what about playing local music?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    Do you stream spotify and/or your own music from it? How does that work? Im guessing there is a Spotify app/plugin for kodi, but what about playing local music?
    Just add your NAS or HDD, Memory Stick as a source within Kodi settings and it will play all your files no problem.

Spotify will be done via an add on, same as Qobuz, Tidal etc

I'm Andrew.

It's running LibreELEC which has Kodi built in and using Spotify via an addon called Librespot, which makes it into a Spotify connect device and works well for that. The Soundcloud app has inexplicably stopped working, it won't sign in anymore (I've changed password, reinstalled the addon AND the whole device!) so I have gone back to using a PC again (an old mini ITX one I forgot I had) so will be using that until I can figure it out!

+ Reply to Thread