+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visit to Cranage, the North West Audio Show

I'm Alan.

Default Visit to Cranage, the North West Audio Show

Had a good time yesterday at the Cranage show, some very nice kit there plus some not so good, as always.

Put a couple of faces to names which is always a bonus plus took a few pictures of some standout moments.

In the G Point room there was one of the most beautiful (to my eyes) EL84 amps that I have seen:

Photof*cked

With one of the valve covers:

Photof*cked

Photof*cked

Couple more photos to come, back soon.
    Last edited by Firebottle; 08-07-2017 at 16:28. Reason: Photobucket
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Had a good time yesterday at the Cranage show, some very nice kit there plus some not so good, as always.

Put a couple of faces to names which is always a bonus plus took a few pictures of some standout moments.

In the G Point room there was one of the most beautiful (to my eyes) EL84 amps that I have seen:

With one of the valve covers:

Couple more photos to come, back soon.
    That does have appeal!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Alan.

The rest of the photos, firstly from the MCRU / Longdog Audio room.

A stunning Studer R2R playing through Nick's Longdog Audio MosFet power amps:

Nick told me the power amps were 200W per channel, I have to presume that is into 8 ohms, because just afterwards he said they are capable of 800W into 2 ohms Glorious sound.

Now one of the standout moments of the show, a first generation copy on tape of Sergeant Pepper from early 70's. In the Music First Audio room, played on an Akai R2R through modified Quad II power amps.

Talk about a sublime experience, the gathered crowd wasn't huge but everyone stayed put and listened to the whole album, then stayed to share the fantastic experience afterwards. Wonderful.

Previously we had heard some amazing sound in the TAD room, through the Micro Evolution One speakers, a stock mage:

They are fairly compact but quite pricey at £13K including stands, but
    They use a double sided flared port plus some advanced drivers, exceedingly good.

I had a very interesting and in depth conversation with the room proprietor, all interesting and thought provoking stuff.

Cheers,
    Alan

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    The rest of the photos, firstly from the MCRU / Longdog Audio room.

A stunning Studer R2R playing through Nick's Longdog Audio MosFet power amps:

Nick told me the power amps were 200W per channel, I have to presume that is into 8 ohms, because just afterwards he said they are capable of 800W into 2 ohms Glorious sound.

Now one of the standout moments of the show, a first generation copy on tape of Sergeant Pepper from early 70's. In the Music First Audio room, played on an Akai R2R through modified Quad II power amps.

Talk about a sublime experience, the gathered crowd wasn't huge but everyone stayed put and listened to the whole album, then stayed to share the fantastic experience afterwards. Wonderful.

Previously we had heard some amazing sound in the TAD room, through the Micro Evolution One speakers, a stock mage:

They are fairly compact but quite pricey at £13K including stands, but
    They use a double sided flared port plus some advanced drivers, exceedingly good.

I had a very interesting and in depth conversation with the room proprietor, all interesting and thought provoking stuff.

Cheers,
    Alan
    I would have loved to hear that SGT pepper tape.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Phil.

my word , I have just seen the price of that sigmas , I bought mine new at 1000 pounds 10 years ago and now its 2999 !!!!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Simon.

First time for me at cranage. Great show, relaxed atmosphere..
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

+ Reply to Thread