+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your tt punch above its weight.

I'm John.

Nice!

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewithnodrive View Post
    My turntable cost me £100 and my cart £80, so how could it not punch above its weight ? :lol
    a lenco is an excellent example of punching above its weight.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy.steve View Post
    SP-10 in heavy slate plinth, ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64s arm, SPU Royal N cart.
    Not as heavy as 65kgs, but I think it plays very nicely for its weight
    It could probably do with something like the Vidar phono stage to top it off though.
    and so it should Steve, having said that it would out perform many turntables 10 x the price.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I have no idea if mine punches above it's weight.
    I like the sound of it, and that is pretty much all that counts.
    best move along then , nothing for you here.

I'm Geoff.

Years ago I had a Micro Seiki DD-24. It didn't look much but sounded extremely good. A very musical turntable.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Not sure what you mean by 'punching above it's weight'. Do you mean something that didn't cost much but has a good SQ? If so, then I offer my Thorens TD124/II turntable (£38) plus SME 3009/II arm (£25) plus Shure M55E (£20).
    Barry

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Not sure what you mean by 'punching above it's weight'. Do you mean something that didn't cost much but has a good SQ? If so, then I offer my Thorens TD124/II turntable (£38) plus SME 3009/II arm (£25) plus Shure M55E (£20).
    Yes, but you bought them new in 1967, didn't you?

I'm Josie.

I swapped my Michell Gyro SE for my Thorens TD124 and even though it needed some TLC it always surprises me in it's sonics especially with an SPU ( Petrat).

The way it reproduces the music is astounding. It's solid and not overly bass heavy. Really nice sound and the quality is bonkers in comparison to today's offerings.

So, yes... IMO it punches through the ceiling.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Geoff.

My Toshiba SR-370 turntable with Mission 774 arm is a seriously good combination. Cost me around £300 to put together. The sound is very tight, solid and clean, better than the 401/Ittok I had.

Last edited by walpurgis; 27-06-2017 at 09:00.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    best move along then , nothing for you here.

My point is that I have not had the opportunity to do a comparison to decks costing much more.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast