+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A question about selling hi-ish end kit.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dad

Here should be the best place to sell Tony.

Ebay good for price checks.
    I have been told that an LP12 will fetch more if dismantled and separate parts sold individually
    Just remember that everything on ebay is marked up by 12.5% to cover fees. Whatever it costs on ebay, deduct 12.5% for a private sale.

Ive sold loads of stuff and this has been my method.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

I,d try selling tt first as you can prove it works with the rest of system there. Once that is gone then the rest. Although u have box i would sell pickup only. Lp12's still do decent money .
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony01 View Post
    Yes, box for the Linn in the loft. I'd be very wary about packing/shipping it though!
    If the box has all the internal packing then it will assist with transporting it. Usually the outer platter should be taken off and packed under the bass of the deck. The inner platter should also be removed and the centre well capped. Also the tonearm counter weight should be taken off the tonearm.

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony01 View Post
    Thanks @SLS for the comments too. I did wonder about keeping the Quad 909 too - but thought it might be a little out of place next to my slightly more modern Marantz PM6005. And £500 would probably keep my old mum in teabags for the best part of a month!
    The AE1's have a good reputation, but at 86db would struggle with the 45w PM6005. The 140w Quad will drive them much better. Really depends on your needs. I'd give your mum the £500 and keep the Quad!
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

Bigman80 Guest

Just an idea, why not post detailed pics of all of the items and im sure you'll get some very good information from the members here.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Simon.

If you're willing to put a bit of effort in, you could make much more money selling via forums or gumtree. Try to avoid ebay.

For something like the LP12 you could offer it as a complete deck for a certain price or take off the tonearm and sell it separately. With an item like the LP12 where it can be upgraded in pretty much everyway, there are people out there that may just want the deck and there are always those that are looking to upgrade tonearm. I would also take off the cartridge and sell it separately. Of course, also offer the whole thing for a set price as there may be someone that will buy it as a complete deck.

If you have the original box and packing, shipping will be fine (but collection is always preferred of course). Just make sure the outer platter is removed, the bearing well is sealed using a ''cap'' and that there is a piece of styrene placed just under the inner platter (this is to secure the suspension in place). If you do end up shipping it, I'm happy to help with any packing queries you may have (I sold my LP12 last year and used original packaging to successfully ship it).

I'm Neil.

Sorry for your loss Tony
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

I'd avoid the hassle by selling the deck to a dealer. He will be selling it on to someone who will pay more to buy it from a dealer than a private sale so although you won't make as much as you might in a private sale the difference won't be as big as you might think. Plus if the dealer is looking at buying it he will check the cartridge and see how worn the tip is for free, something he would usually charge for. If you don't know how many miles are on it then it will be hard to sell it for any serious money, if at all.

If you are keeping the AE1 I agree with the suggestion of keeping the Quad to drive them. Or at least try it out to see if it is better than the Marantz with the AE1. If it is then sell your Marantz instead.

The cables will sell on here if you ask a bargain price, are happy to post them, and don't forget to bump your ad a couple of times a week.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Iso although you won't make as much as you might in a private sale the difference won't be as big as you might think.
    That's an interesting perspective. Makes sense too, if only as a fall back option.

I guess the values are c£800 for the deck alone, £600 for the arm and £400 for the cartridge? Is that in the ballpark?

I'm Edward.

Really sorry to hear of your loss Tony. Judging from the kit your dad had he was a man of taste.

Fully agree that forums such as this is the best route to try sell hi end stuff. Mind you I have have at times noticed some sellers put things on **ay at silly extreme buy it now prices and seemingly sell their items.

With the risk of appearing vulturish I may be interested in the block and cables. Establish a price and pop me a message - maybe we can have a sale? But appreciate you may wish to a different route.

regards
    Edward
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast