Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    any updates olly?
    Well, it's not really an update, more a confusing conundrum.

I got the Klotz cable on the arm, put it on the TT and set it up as according to the manual. I've played maybe 30hrs of Vinyl and I just don't love the Alphason. I like it. It looks outstanding. It feels wonderful and really catches everyone's eye. I think as far as looks go, it's a winner. The sound though is not doing it for me and I don't know why. There's no reason it shouldn't be very pleasing and I can't figure out why I feel the way I do.

I don't think it's an issue with the cable or the wires either. There's no play in the bearing and it shows no signs of any physical reason which could explain not to liking it.

I'm really frustrated and I'm already considering moving it on. I feel gutted really.

(Mood killed) lol

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

BET YOUR GLAD YOU KEPT THE MISSION .. doh..caps lock lol ... ight just be the cart being a very light one and isnt meant to be on that arm.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    BET YOUR GLAD YOU KEPT THE MISSION .. doh..caps lock lol ... ight just be the cart being a very light one and isnt meant to be on that arm.
    There is something not working together somewhere, Grant. I am glad I kept it but feel a bit lost as of where to go next. No way I'll sell the Toshy. Maybe I don't go anywhere and put the mission back on and enjoy the obvious synergy there.

I'm Grant.

aybe borrow a decent (heavier)cart and try it. at least then you will know
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    aybe borrow a decent (heavier)cart and try it. at least then you will know
    Not a bad idea. I wonder if Alan still has his Denon????

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Well, it's not really an update, more a confusing conundrum.

I got the Klotz cable on the arm, put it on the TT and set it up as according to the manual. I've played maybe 30hrs of Vinyl and I just don't love the Alphason. I like it. It looks outstanding. It feels wonderful and really catches everyone's eye. I think as far as looks go, it's a winner. The sound though is not doing it for me and I don't know why. There's no reason it shouldn't be very pleasing and I can't figure out why I feel the way I do.

I don't think it's an issue with the cable or the wires either. There's no play in the bearing and it shows no signs of any physical reason which could explain not to liking it.

I'm really frustrated and I'm already considering moving it on. I feel gutted really.

(Mood killed) lol

hmm,ok well was it sounding the same before the rewire?
    re cartridge it may be worth sending barry a pm to check the cartridge resonance figures are ok for the arm
    re tonearm synergy with turntable,i dont know if this is deal breaker,my hr100 has been fine on a pioneer plywood plinth/panzerholz board and equally fine on the townshend rock metal/plaster plinth and metal tonearm board.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Alan.

You are very welcome to borrow it. It's a bit of a step down from the ZYX though.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    I just don't love the Alphason
    Oddly enough Oliver. I just had a feeling you might come to that conclusion. We each try various gear and sometimes it 'clicks' and you feel happy and other times, as you say, the love does not develop. Could be worth experimenting further. Or just bunging the 774 back on and seeing how that works for you.

I had the same with my Dynaudio Contour 1.3 Mk.II speakers some years ago. I bought them new for around £1200 after everybody was saying they were the best compacts about, but just did not come to terms with them. All part of the Hi-Fi experience mate.

If you do part with the Alphason, keep the mounting plate. You never know, you may want to try a Linn arm on the Tosh sometime.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    hmm,ok well was it sounding the same before the rewire?
    re cartridge it may be worth sending barry a pm to check the cartridge resonance figures are ok for the arm
    re tonearm synergy with turntable,i dont know if this is deal breaker,my hr100 has been fine on a pioneer plywood plinth/panzerholz board and equally fine on the townshend rock metal/plaster plinth and metal tonearm board.
    Jamie, the Klotz really opened the arm up mate. It sounds shat before lol. In all honesty, it doesn't sound bad. Those that have heard it, love it. Various comments like, neutral, lush, accurate, beautiful tone, realistic vocals have all been said to me. The channel separation is amazing and the clarity is spot on.

I haven't been hit by a WOW moment.

It's seems very happy on the phenolic armboard too. Much better than my temporary plywood box anyway lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast