+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Dresden!

Hannes Guest

Default Hi from Dresden!

Hi, my name is Hannes.

I live in Dresden/Germany and spend a lot of my free time with listening to good music. Mostly I like psychedelic and garage rock from the 60's till now on, but listen to a lot of jazz, rock, punk and classic music, too. It's hard to say which kind of music I prefer. Easier to point out what I don't like: Techno (I never got used to it - it makes me nervous!). My equipment contains a Thorens TD 126 with a Yamaha MC-9, Braun R4 + CD4, Braun LS 150. And, to be honest, I entered this forum to get in touch with Jez Arkless, hoping he could modify the Cambridge 651 P I bought to get rid of the contact problems of my build-in phonostage for the future. I'm not really satisfied with the sound of it compared to the stage of my receiver.

A nice day to all of you!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Hannes,

Welcome to AoS! Love Germany, although I haven't visited Dresden. We're going this year to visit my wife's family in Köln

Enjoy the forum. I'm sure that Jez will be along soon to help

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Colin.

Hi Hannes - just a note to say - I did the same recently. The results are superb.
    Jez is I little slow, but it's worth the wait !
    Good luck
    Colin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Colinijohnson View Post
    Hi Hannes - just a note to say - I did the same recently. The results are superb.
    Jez is I little slow, but it's worth the wait !
    Good luck
    Colin

A little variable would be more accurate Between about 1 and 6 weeks and usually around 2-3 weeks... (yours took 3 weeks from my records) all depends on what other work I have on, whether I'm in the middle of some R&D and building a prototype etc etc... apart from my hi fi activities here I also do work for musicians, recording studios and the odd bit of industrial R&D for other companies so can't just "drop everything" cos a 640P conversion has come in!

I'm glad you like it anyway

Hannes has already been on the phone to me and arranged to send his in for conversion
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Colin.

Great ! I have to say your service & comms are 1st class , the timeframe was fine for me

I'm Geoff.

Hello Hannes. Welcome to AOS.

I see you and Jez have already come to an arrangement. That's good.

Don't let that be the only reason to visit us though. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on here and your involvement would be good.

Enjoy the forum,

Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Colinijohnson View Post
    Great ! I have to say your service & comms are 1st class , the timeframe was fine for me

Thanks Colin

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

Hannes Guest

Default Thanks for the welcome!

@all: Thank you for the welcoming replies and sorry for my late reaction - I didn't expect any answers! After all I read about the Arkless 640/651 I'm sure it'll be an big improvement. There is another modification for those stages offered by Hoerwege, but if you read the description for it, it sounds like they are only changing components and are not touching the architecture. It doesn't matter if it takes a little long to get it back because I'm used to the present situation of having to touch my MM/MC-switch from time to time to get both speakers served with music. So Jez: From my side there is no need to hurry. Which doesn't mean I'm not looking strongly forward the arrival!
    Have a nice day,

Hannes

I'm Mick.

Hi Hannes,

Welcome
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
    @all: Thank you for the welcoming replies and sorry for my late reaction - I didn't expect any answers! After all I read about the Arkless 640/651 I'm sure it'll be an big improvement. There is another modification for those stages offered by Hoerwege, but if you read the description for it, it sounds like they are only changing components and are not touching the architecture. It doesn't matter if it takes a little long to get it back because I'm used to the present situation of having to touch my MM/MC-switch from time to time to get both speakers served with music. So Jez: From my side there is no need to hurry. Which doesn't mean I'm not looking strongly forward the arrival!
    Have a nice day,

Hannes
    I received it BTW Hannes... In its lovely xmas wrapping paper! LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast