+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wave from Dorset, UK

I'm Daz.

Default Wave from Dorset, UK

Greetings. My stereo (CD and amplifier) consists of Cyrus separates. I also have Myryad tuner, Elipson turntable and I stream to Audioquest Red Dragonfly from a tablet. Wiring: Russ Andrews on a power supply side, Chord and DNM as interconnects and Tellurium Q for linking speakers. Floorstanding loudspeakers are those from KEF. I feed my set up with all sorts of music. From southern Khachaturian's Masquarade through seventies' European progressive rock and jazz, reaching as far north as ABBA and an early A-ha. There often can something interesting be found everywhere, if one keeps their mind open. My main medium has long been the old, good and trusty Compact Disc, but WAVs and FLACs joined in at some point, and contributed slightly to my collection of music. Modest number of vinyls also reside there. I am gaining more and more respect for ever getting better and better streaming services. Currently I am using a bit the premium Spotify. I am excited about them going lossless in a near future (apparently). But, statistically, I still most often play CDs and then files. I hail from Poole in Dorset, UK. I am sure I will find a lot of interesting reading here. I appreciate you taking me in, many thanks.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Daz. Welcome to AOS.

I have to admit. I'd never heard of Elipson making turntables, but it sounds intriguing. Elipson have been a respected French manufacturer of interesting speakers for generations, so I reckon the turntable should be decent. What made you choose it?

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here, so take a look around and feel free to join in the chat and ask any questions you may have. The members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Daz.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    What made you choose it?
    Thanks for your warm welcome Geoff.

Elipson only decided to join the vinyl revival about a year ago. Their very own, engineered and manufactured in France, turntable, is what they have added to their offer. Apart from the respected name and glowing reviews, what additionally drew me towards their turntable, was the quality of used materials, simplicity and.. its beauty. They offer an acrylic plinth, carbon fibre tonearm, aluminium centralizer, bronze bearing and pressed steel plate, quality felt and dust cover, "extreme accuracy of the plate rotation" from sustained motor. Plus an absolutely adorable design. Elipson maintains a dedicated place on the Internet for their youngest offspring's showcase:

http://www.elipson.com/turntable/

I have replaced the existing Ortofon OM10 with Ortofon OM40 and also swapped provided interconnects with Chord offering.

Now I am going to indulge myself in reading this fascinating forum

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by KindOfDaz View Post
    Now I am going to indulge myself in reading this fascinating forum
    Yep. Join in Daz. The more input, the merrier!

You don't even have to talk Hi-Fi, there's a big interest in music chat and non related matters.

See the Musical Compositions section: http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum...l-Compositions

And the ever active Abstact Chat area: http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum...-Abstract-Chat

If you'd like to feature your system photos or start a blog, there's The Gallery: http://theartofsound.net/forum/forum...14-The-Gallery

Have fun!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shane.

Must go visit Bournemouth & Poole again someday.

Welcome to AOS.

S.

+ Reply to Thread