+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Sale Odeon Rigoletto speakers.

I'm Nick.

Default For Sale Odeon Rigoletto speakers.

NOW SOLD - THANKS FOR ALL THE INTEREST.

Unfortunately the sale of these speakers is prompted by a need for cash to pay for an unforeseen but very expensive pending purchase.

I bought these speakers earlier this year from lordmorlock of this parish (see the link below to his advert) and they have fulfilled all of my expectations of providing effortless music with an excellent sound stage. The top end and mid range is wonderfully open and engaging.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...ight=rigoletto

Jake found that the Rigolettos were best about a foot off the back wall but I am sure he won't mind be saying that his square room did tend to boom and that may have played a part in his favourite positioning. I have found the speakers are best positioned quite near a rear wall or even in a corner and then the bass really sings. That ability to be placed near a wall also helps in smaller rooms compared to other speakers that need to be further out from rear walls or corners.

The veneer is just stunning and I cannot find any scratches or damage on it at all. The plinths have a few very minor surface scratches but that is being picky.

The Rigolettos are a two-way speaker with a 7 inch doped paper cone that his back loaded into a horn firing downward towards the floor. The tweeter is a 1 inch Audax softdome that is loaded into a very nicely machined wooden spherical horn. Sensitivity is 93db and 8 ohms impedance. They are therefore easy to drive even with very modest valve or solid state amps.

The plinth has integral spikes which are quite substantial. By having three spikes the speakers are guaranteed not to rock back and forth. I do not have the boxes for these but I could make some up for a courier or I am happy to deliver within about 2 hours of driving. Alternatively come and hear them before buying near Melton Mowbray.

I paid Jake £1700 which I think was a bargain and my firm price is the same.

IMG_4634.jpgIMG_4632.jpgIMG_4631.jpgIMG_4630.jpgIMG_4633.jpg
    Last edited by Fourlegsgood; 23-06-2017 at 11:30.

I'm Peter.

Can I ask where you are located? (Collection is always an issue)

Always loved these speakers. I have Kef 105/3 at present (a two year rebuild) but always fancied the Odeon's .

I'm in Melksham, Wiltshire..... perhaps a step too far.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Can I ask where you are located? (Collection is always an issue)

Always loved these speakers. I have Kef 105/3 at present (a two year rebuild) but always fancied the Odeon's .

I'm in Melksham, Wiltshire..... perhaps a step too far.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi, Thanks for the interest. My internet is being very intermittent so I have only just seen your post. I am about 3 hrs from you. You are very welcome to come and visit and adequate refreshments will be given whilst you listen.

Alternatively I can meet somewhere between us if you want to buy without trying. These are very popular speakers and the price is good so I doubt you would lose out in the unlikely event that they don't suit. The speakers easily fit in the back of my VW Golf size Seat Leon.

I have sent you a PM suggesting possible options.

Nick
    Last edited by Fourlegsgood; 23-06-2017 at 07:02.

I'm Nick.

SOLD

Thanks for all the interest.

+ Reply to Thread