+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tone arm suggestions?

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Tried a fair few arms on Technics and I can't say that one is better than the other as much depends on cartridge being used, and the system. Origin Live arms work well, tried a few liked them no issue with lift lower device. Jelco 750 or any of the Ortofon version work well too. Tried Graham 2.2, worked well, but maybe not the best match. Graham Phantom doesn't look like it will fit. SME 5 works well, fiddly to set up as getting the sled adjusting key in place is awkward. Triplanar mk7 currently my tonearm of choice on my Technics 1200.
    I'll second that concerning the Triplanar Mk7! One of the finest. And there is a new tonearm out, the Reed, which appears to be similar in design to the Triplanar, but a bit refined, with a wooden arm. Someone in the group is selling them, forgive me for forgetting, but someone here knows who.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Mick.

Tried the Rega route and was never really happy. I think I changed it because I could. Modified rewired standard arm was a better choice. Then went down the Jelco route and matched it with a Ortofon 2m Black and never looked back and have no complaints at all.
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Tried the Rega route and was never really happy. I think I changed it because I could. Modified rewired standard arm was a better choice. Then went down the Jelco route and matched it with a Ortofon 2m Black and never looked back and have no complaints at all.
    Yeah, The Jelco looks a nice, well made arm and a bit of bargain going by the good reviews it gets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12