I already made a thread about this when I first got it back in March or so, though at the time of purchase I mistook it for HFS20. It came in a small cabinet also housing a Garrard HF4 record player. What we have here is a pair of Pye Mozart HF10. The twist is the left one has stereo pots and switches with wires going to the 2nd unit, which obviously doesn't have any controls of it's own then. It seems this was a factory job, since the amp with the faceplate has "Stereophonic" engraved on it in place of the "High Fidelity" regular of regular HF10 faceplace. Also the 2nd unit has the chassis made smaller so there's no empty space where the pots would normally be. I've yet to build a proper case for it, they've been just strapped to this piece of wooden board. On the second photo the other unit is missing one of it's preamp valves since I was taking some measurements from the socket. A couple (bad) photos:

At the top right on each unit you see an empty valve socket - that's for an EF88 for the phonostage, this is not normal and I'm not sure if it was a Pye Factory job, or made by whoever sold this console or a later modification by someone. The date code on the valves reads D0J which I assume would mean they were made by Valvo in Hamburg in October 1960. All the original capacitors and stock Mullard valves were dated 1958, so I'm assuming this was made then and the EF88 is a later addition by someone or the company who made the cabin and bundled it all together.

Never seen anything like this trying to dig up information on these old Pye Mozart series amps, I suppose if Pye made more like this it didn't made a whole lot, seems like it could maybe be a 'transitional' stereo setup before HFS20 was introduced. Anyone seen anything like this before? I guess I should try some forum specializing on old British valve stuff

I've recapped them, changed all paper caps and electrolytics, replacing the smaller ones with film caps and Nichicons for the big cans. Hum was reduced and the sound cleared up, with the 60 year old stock caps the treble was a bit rolled off. Surprisingly all the changed caps still measured within spec at the small test voltage at least, but don't know how they'd behave with the high voltages they see in actual use.

Sound is awesome to my ears, very full without getting overly warm and fuzzy and both frequency extremes are surprisingly good as well. Would like to try out some a bit more efficient speakers, I've been driving a pair of Kef 104aB and JBL 120Ti, both of which are rather ineffecient. Sounds great but don't get very loud. The Kefs are not that great at high volumes anyway, though I never realized that before I got the JBLs. Stereo imaging
with the PYE is not the greatest, I mean not that it's horribad or anything, it's very stable but it's more a "broad brush" version as opposed to pinpoint etching. Still it has become my go to amp for most listening. Competition has been some better 80s japanese amps.