+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBay Virgin

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Default eBay Virgin

I'm looking for help regarding eBay.

Andr'e very kindly sent me a link to an album that I'm looking for.

The problem is,I've never used eBay or paypal and don't have a clue what to do.

(Actually shit scared in case I give too much info regarding bank details or credit card details.)

What do I do?Just sign up and give the details there after,then bid?

ATB

David

Dave
    You can send a cheque or postal order, you have proof both ways it's been cashed...Paypals fast & easy but can be a pain in the arse, not so for the buyer but seller...Yes im very caucious about putting my details on line but what's good to do is open a fresh bank account card especially for pay-pal & transfer into this card from your main source when required.If anyone gets your pay-pal card details (Unlikley) then they don't get anything & all your money is safe elsewhere...The initial setting up of pay pal is a pain...The iffy thing about record purchase on E-bay is trusting sellers to list the condition exactly how it is...Previewing there feedback remarks helps a bit...Another thing with Pay-pal is if you don't get your goods you can open a dispute for cash back..

Don't give any seller your details at all, no need (You did that when regestering with e-bay & pay-pal).All thats required will appear automatically after the sale payment.If your sending Cheque or P.O. print off the checkout details which inclue the item you won together with your address so the seller knows what the item is & where to send.You would'nt believe how many cheques with no details i recieved from buyers..
    Last edited by Vinyl Grinder; 06-02-2008 at 18:01.

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Thanks for that Andr'e.

Think I'll put a bid in and if lucky,pay by cheque.

Thanks for your help.

ATB

David

Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    Thanks for that Andr'e.

Think I'll put a bid in and if lucky,pay by cheque.

Thanks for your help.

Don't bid too early or you may get out bidded, knocking the price up unnessisarily..Try for less than half min before end if your fast enough..

I'm Mike.

Default Paying by paypal

I'm an internet idiot (computer-phobic), but I can't recall TOO much trouble registering with paypal.

It really is SO much easier ansd QUICKER, as a buyer, paying this way.
    (a) It costs you nothing
    (b) Payment to seller is virtually instantaneous
    (c) All your address details are forwarded to the seller
    (d) You are insured if there's anything iffy or something goes wrong (up to £500 or whatever limit they set on that auction (sometimes £150)
    (e) You save a stamp and 6 clearing (i.e. working) days for cheque before seller will THINK of despatching goods.
    (f) Paypal sends receipt immediately
    (g) You only give your card details to Paypal once; after that it's automatic. As secure as anything on the internet, I guess!

It's a no-brainer for low-value goods.
    Last edited by Mike Reed; 06-02-2008 at 21:24. Reason: Missing info

I'm Dave.

PayPal is fine if you are a buyer but has significant risk if you are a seller. It's very easy to register with a dodgy card or details and lose goodsa dn money to scammers, such cases are well documented. As a buyer it does afford quite a lot of protection. You also have to remember that it's only a tiny percentage of deals that go bad so don't worry too much.
    Hope you get your album for a great price :-)
    Dave.

I'm keith.

After 10 years im guessing the album sold.

I'm gone.

I'm Martin.

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast