+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footy Season 2017/18 ..How's your team doing?

I'm Grant.

Similar result for rangers. 4-1 v Falkirk. Semi draw v Celtic so another meeting to schedule

Hat trick for Cummings
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah, I noticed that earlier. So more future excitement to look forward to!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

well done to celtic; won a close game 2-3. still it gives me hope for future.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    well done to celtic; won a close game 2-3. still it gives me hope for future.
    A bit more guile around the box and a straight leg from Morelos was all that that was needed. Interesting to see Scott Brown bossed around today in large sections of the game. Hope, indeed.

I'm Robin.

Unfortunately Celtic are still a bit too good, but it’s gettung better

Thumbs up SPL: Rangers 2 Celtic 3

Cheers, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Unfortunately Celtic are still a bit too good, but it’s gettung better
    Indeed on both counts, Robin. Firstly, in terms of the latter, Rangers have improved MASSIVELY since the last old firm game, especially up front, and credit goes to Murty for that, who I think is doing a great job, and should now be given the manager's position permanently. For me, he's earned it!

Plus, long may the improvement in Rangers continue, because both Scottish football and Celtic *need* a strong Rangers - and next season I'd like to see a proper title challenge from them. That was undoubtedly the best (most open and even) old firm game for a long time, and I enjoyed this win more than even the 1-5 game at Ibrox last year, simply because Celtic were made to WORK for it!

However, in terms of the former (in bold above), that is also true, and the reality is that Celtic are going to get considerably stronger, not just for the remainder of the season, once all our key players return from injury, but also next season, after we've strengthened the team again in the summer and spent some of this season's CL/Europa league money, and banked the £7m from Liverpool, for the Van Dijk transfer.

On top of that, will Dembele leave in the summer, whom I think, having regained his fitness and form is going to be a sensation between now and the end of the season, and as such Celtic potentially pocketing £20-30m for his transfer? Just imagine the players we could buy for that.......? Especially with strikers of the quality of Griffiths and Edouard already at the club. I'd spend a good chunk of it on our defence!

Quite simply though, Celtic are currently operating on a totally different financial plane from Rangers, and as long as that remains the case, will be able to afford to buy a better class of player, which as much as Rangers played well today, was evident in the likes of Rogic, Ntcham, Dembele and Edouard - all of whom were a class apart and simply unmatched in quality by any Rangers player on the field or on the bench.

A good gauge of how strong both teams are just now, is to look at their respective subs benches today, and Celtic's was markedly superior, full of classy potential match winners, one of whom of course came on to score the winning goal.

That said, until we can both improve our defence [Boyata was an utter liability today] and get all our players there back and fit, then field a settled defence [a luxury not afforded to Rodgers virtually all season], Rangers will be capable of causing us problems, so if they keep up their current form, will always have a chance in forthcoming old firm games, including the cup one in a few weeks.

In terms of today's game however, with the Celtic defence, let's not forget that we fielded our third-choice goalkeeper (who incidentally had a great game), his first in a Celtic shirt, and at Ibrox too, so that showed his character, and were also without Lustig, who is always commanding in these games - and yet despite that and being down to 10 men, with 30 mins still to play, still managed to win the match, which included coming back twice from being behind!

That shows the character, mental toughness and winning mentality of the players: it's the form of champions, organised by a manager who really knows his stuff.

Once Rodgers can decide who his best pairing is in central defence, and play them week in, week out, that will make a big difference to how solid we are at the back. Kompper will be one mainly for next season. I'm not surprised he wasn't thrown in today, as he's still settling into Scottish football, but from what I've seen of him so far he looks calm and assured, something that Boyata isn't. I was also impressed today with Hendry, who also looks to be a sound signing.

So, as I said it was a superb game and also a great advert for Scottish football. Rangers played very well, especially in the first half and are a much more potent force now than they've been for sometime.

Plus, I expect them to get better still - and they'll need to - because the reality is that the Celtic team who beat them today, minus the likes of Gordon, Lustig, Armstrong (who's just come back from injury), Roberts and Griffiths, and that's not including what Charly Musonda might do when he gets going, was FAR from at full strength, so the team have the potential to become considerably better.....

I look forward to the forthcoming Scottish Cup semi-final at Celtic Park, where Rangers have done well recently, and so I expect that game to be just as tough as the one today, probably more so, as it's now Rangers' only chance of a trophy this season, and the chance to stop our double treble. Bring it on. It should be another cracker!!

In the meantime, I leave you with Edouard's stunning strike for the winner [a player, incidentally, who's getting better all the time, and I think next season, if he gets enough games, has the potential to be a sensation:

What a finish... Utter class!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I was also pleased that Hibs pumped Hearts, as I like Lenny and HATE Levein!! Plus Wrexham beat Chester 2-0 in the Wales vs. England battle!

Marco.
    Main System

Yo Granty (and/or Robin),

Surprised you've not commented on this?

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

tbh i didnt expect we would have got so close so soon, so in that aspect im quite pleased. the team bottled it a bit considering the game was there for them, but the loss of bates early was a blow a cardoso is not a footballer anywhere near good enough for the premier league, at moment anyway. alves has lost his sharpness since his injuries and is now looking his age. these were always going to be the biggest issue. mccrorie being out was a blow too as he is big and strong;just whats needed in these games.
    celtic have a lot of depth to squad and its something we wont get anytime soon. money wise, yes its going to be hard to keep closing when your side has so much, but money and players alone wont definitely make a winning team.(it does help tho)

overall the game was close enough that either side could have won and a draw wouldnt have been unfair, but at end of day if you have the lead twice, then its only your own fault if you lose. the extra man probably aided celtic more than us as you got tighter and we should have changed things accordingly but didnt. murty will learn tho i think and the fans need to get off his and the players backs,,, rome wasnt built in a day.

might add your side did well to bounce back, and that is a sign of champions
    Last edited by struth; 12-03-2018 at 18:03.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    tbh i didnt expect we would have got so close so soon, so in that aspect im quite pleased. the team bottled it a bit considering the game was there for them, but the loss of bates early was a blow a cardoso is not a footballer anywhere near good enough for the premier league, at moment anyway. alves has lost his sharpness since his injuries and is now looking his age. these were always going to be the biggest issue. mccrorie being out was a blow too as he is big and strong;just whats needed in these games.
    celtic have a lot of depth to squad and its something we wont get anytime soon. money wise, yes its going to be hard to keep closing when your side has so much, but money and players alone wont definitely make a winning team.(it does help tho)

overall the game was close enough that either side could have won and a draw wouldnt have been unfair, but at end of day if you have the lead twice, then its only your own fault if you lose. the extra man probably aided celtic more than us as you got tighter and we should have changed things accordingly but didnt. murty will learn tho i think and the fans need to get off his and the players backs,,, rome wasnt built in a day.

might add your side did well to bounce back, and that is a sign of champions
    was reading some fans wanting murty out. they have very short memories, and unrealistic expectations as to our immediate future.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast