+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: New Footy Season 2017/18 ..How's your team doing?

I'm Grant.

rangers fans and board need to learn how to walk again before they start running
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I completely agree. Also, from a Celtic point of view, what interests me FAR more than the '10 thing' is simply ensuring that we win the league, in order to play in the Champions League qualifiers, and thus potentially come up against some of the 'big boys' later, and earn lots of money in the process, which helps keep the club where they are.

I'm not obsessed with the 10 thing at all. However, in terms of Rangers not being in the SPL for some of Celtic's recent title wins, I'm not sure if they had been there it would've made that much difference, as I think we'd still have been good enough, pre Rodgers, to win the title, even with the presence (then) of Rangers.

The other thing I disagree with is some saying that the trophy success Rodgers has achieved with Celtic is partly down to the fact that the league is not as strong now as it was when the likes of Walter Smith won the treble with Rangers.

I don't buy that. I do buy the undeniable fact that Rangers were MILES better in those days and provided a much sterner challenge to Celtic than they do currently - you'd need to be a blinkered idiot not to accept that fact - *but*, IMO, the rest of the teams now, certainly in the top six, are better than they were when Rangers last won the treble.

You just need to look at the likes of Aberdeen now, under Derek McInnes, Hibs, under Neil Lennon and Kilmarnock, under Stevie Clarke, as well as your Motherwells and St Johnstones, all of which are better teams now than they were during the 2000s. We've got some great managers now in the SPL. So I'd say that, Rangers aside, the SPL is the strongest it's been for ages, and that that should be taken into consideration when assessing the success that Rodgers has had.

There are no really easy games anymore, which is why that despite Celtic having by a country mile the best team in the league, and their 'embarrassment of riches', compared with the other clubs. they haven't managed to rout any teams 6 or 7-0 recently, which used happen fairly regularly before. If Gerrard can get Rangers back up there again, then Celtic will have to work harder than ever for any further titles success they might get.

And that would only be a good thing!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Goalie will never be able to go back to Liverpool. 2 massive clangers
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm brian.

I really feel for the keeper.

2 mistakes .................. anyone can make 2 mistakes.

and yet it is so costly.

the man is just gutted. I hope he bounces back.

Great match . I really enjoyed it.

Zidane out I say. the guy is hopeless. Not a clue.

Ps, I was hoping it may have been BALE for St Johnstone. Possibly cant afford him now.... bollocks !!

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Goalie will never be able to go back to Liverpool. 2 massive clangers
    Indeed, the only consolation for me was that Real effectively won the game courtesy of my favourite player in the world, the magnificent [WELSH] Gareth Bale... What a wonder goal his first one was!!

Got to be one of the best goals scored EVER, in ANY match, let alone in a Champions League final - just incredible!

But the mistakes Karius made were criminal - and all to do with a lack of concentration and switching off, which is inexcusable at this level.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Yup and he was trying to avoid blame for first one.
    Mane scored a cracker too. Good final tho
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Losing Salah so early too, was pivotal, as it killed the momentum Liverpool had at that time. I'm so sad for him, and also Egypt (in terms of the forthcoming World Cup], if the shoulder injury turns out to be as bad as it looks...

In the end Liverpool did really well, and although they won't say so now, at the beginning of the season if you'd said they'd have reached the Champions League final, they'd have taken it - and let's not forget with a team (and squad) that costs substantially less than the likes of Man City, Barcelona or PSG, all of whom went out of the competition much earlier.

They need to sign some more quality players in the summer, particularly a goalkeeper, and if they buy well, with Klopp at the helm they can have a right good crack next season at winning the EPL.

Marco.
    Main System

Bigman80 Guest

Karius is finished. Need a keeper desperatly.

Did so well to get there, just didn't have the squad to manage without Salah. A great effort and yes, we'd have taken 4th in the league and a CL final.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Did so well to get there, just didn't have the squad to manage without Salah.
    Yup, just not enough strength in depth yet, compared with a team like Real Madrid. When you can bring someone like Gareth Bale off the bench - and then he goes and does *THAT*, well......

Marco.
    Main System

Bigman80 Guest

Ah, well, that goal was just top drawer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yup, just not enough strength in depth yet, compared with a team like Real Madrid. When you can bring someone like Gareth Bale off the bench - and then he goes and does *THAT*, well......

Marco.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast