+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Putting the fan on

I'm James.

Default Putting the fan on

I don't care if it is introducing noise into my Hifi, I've got to have the fan on today
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'm using my Quad 510 monoblocks at the moment, in place of my usual 25W Class A monoblocks. The latter each have a dissipation of 400W! It's far too hot for that.
    Barry

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I'm using my Quad 510 monoblocks at the moment, in place of my usual 25W Class A monoblocks. The latter each have a dissipation of 400W! It's far too hot for that.
    It's too hot for pretty much anything let alone a red hot amp, good you have a fall back amp
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Dennis.

Barry 400W dissipation for an O/P of 25W is very inefficient.

The maximum theoretical efficiency of class A from memory was about 45%, but that is about 6%.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post

The maximum theoretical efficiency of class A from memory was about 45%, but that is about 6%.
    It all depends on what type of class A and what load it is specified into.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post

They are a pure class A design, where the power output doubles for each halving of the load impedance.

http://www.marklev.com/2013/04/ml-2-...amplifier.html
    Barry

I'm Anto.

You cant beat a bit of fan
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Alex.

The Mark Levinson ML-2 mono blocks were 25 watts Class A and they were huge! So was the Krell KSA 50. All real Class A amps are big, hot and heavy LOL

I'm alain.

Default Stayin' Cool

With a bit of creative thinking No need for a fan

sAYIN' COOL3 8.jpg

Notice I'm earthed also
    Marantz HD AMP 1, Marantz HD CD1 both on Oak Cone feet, Dynaudio Emit M10 speakers on Norstone Stylum Stands with Soundcare Superspikes.
    HiFi in Touch Oak distribution block, RA Mains powerkord 100, RA Yello with Wattgate IECs and MCRU Ag plated mains plugs, Atlas Ascent Ultra digital coax, TQ Ultra Blue speaker cable

+ Reply to Thread