+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone use glass on top of glass shelves?

I'm Lawrence.

Default Does anyone use glass on top of glass shelves?

Sounds slightly odd, but I've recently bought a hifi cupboard with a lockable door, and I don't need all the shelves so I put one of them on top of another to keep it safe, with a lighter component on top, in this case my Olive 06HD HDD/player. I've not been enjoying my music as much and put it down to my recent speaker purchase, but then I realised it reminded me of the time I put sorbothane under the Olive and it went rather dull and uninvolving. Then I remembered that the shelf seemed to float on top of the other one when I slid it in, I'm not sure why glass does this, if its a thin cushion of air between the two or the effect of two polished surfaces. Anyway I took the second shelf out and all was restored. Now, since some people like the effect sorbothane has on sound I wondered if anyone does this or has tried it? The glass is directly on top of the other sheet with nothing in between. Worth a try if you have a preference for a smooth sound.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Rob.

Yes, they do warn that if you do that it will sound extra sheet.
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Lawrence.

Oh dear, don't call us.. :-)

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Yes, they do warn that if you do that it will sound extra sheet.
    Possibly the best reply to a thread ever (don't take it personally Lawrence!)
    Ziro power cables -> Modded Marantz CD63SE or Bluesound -> Roksan K3 Dac -> RFC Venus -> Onix DNA 45 -> LS25 -> Proac D18

+ Reply to Thread