Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Gary.

Same to you Pete,
    All the best mate.

Gary.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Alan.

yeah +1...all the best Peter and family..and here's hoping for a nicer, more healthy and peaceful new year..x..hope you are enjoying your new speakers bud...they look superb..
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Jeffrey.

Merry Christmas, Pete!

And a Happy New Year to all!

I'm peter.

Happy Christmas to you and happy new year to all off AOS , and far better one, fingers crossed and every other part if possible, time to remember loved ones,

I'm Adrian.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family Pete.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm TAD.

Dear Peter,
    A Happy, better and safer 2021 to you and your family.

AND to all at AoS.
    Kind regards,
    Tad.

I'm peter.

Have a happy new year and keep safe to everyone and your families

ATB
    pete

I'm peter.

Dear Tad all the best to you and your family i hope it is not too cold in Canada , keep safe
    pete

I'm peter.

i have been using the TPA psu , with out a doubt a good piece of kit , the cost is about the same as the HR , but with more control , it has fine adjustment to the front via 2 buttons,marked fast and slow, the 3 speed buttons mean i no longer have to move the belt, i had TPA make a single pulley now i don't need to flip the belt from one grove to another ,

TPA are busy with the making of bespoke HiFi gear , don't expect delivery the next day or week , all with the help of satisfied customers , i was glad i found them to machine the pylons and sell them,he has a lot to make,

I'm peter.

to keep this going , i have been experimenting with the same material TPA make the Pink Triangle arm boards from , it is not thick enough to make the arm board for the Michell , there are a lot of isolation devices for tone arms /cartridge devices , i have used several different pieces of material trying to decouple the cartridge from the arm for vibration purposes, not physically , but with limited success, the best i was told was the Cartridge mans isolation device, using a composite device of foam and stainless steel , the latest version used nylon pins, and threaded screws into the head shell the cartidge located with the use off the 2 nylon pins and double sided tapped to the device , i though of another way of doing this, and wanted to contact Len Gregory aka cartridge man , but sadly he has passed away last year , the idea may not go forward , it needed some one like Len to test ,and also i would not be treading on any ones fingers,

instead i have simply used the Composite carbon fiber and foam board and placed 2 2.5 mm holes at 2.7 mm center, this is now out for test , the mk2 for fixed head arms will need to be worked on a lot more , with the slot needing to be accurately lined up with the fixing holes ,

it is early days but the signs are very good for the fixed version ,
    any suggestions to improve the Michell Turntables are welcome, on this thread ,
    Last edited by gwernaffield; 16-01-2021 at 16:26.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast