+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glastonbury 2017

I'm Joe.

Default Glastonbury 2017

I have received a ticket for Glastonbury rather unexpectedly, and wonder who's playing there that I should make a point of seeing.

The one unmissable event I have earmarked is on the Pyramid stage at 4.15 on Saturday - Jeremy Corbyn being introduced by Michael Eavis, and receiving a rock-star's welcome from a crowd of up to 175,000 people ... can't wait to hear that roar!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Haave you been before?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Neil.

You definitely need to go and see the Sunday legends slot at the Pyramid stage on Sunday morning. The perfect wind-down from the festival. This year it's Barry Gibb.

It's a festival like no other, much more than the music, loads of great food if you know where to look.

...will take a peek & see if there's some bits that I can directly recommend.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Rich.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-2017-Thread&p

Have a great festival. Looks like we're in for fab weather.

You've been lucky indeed to get a ticket at this late stage.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Joe.

Default Yes, I have been before

... about 25 times. But I lost my wife, with whom I always used to share the experience, usually working there - latterly in the Kidz Field, around three years ago, and haven't felt much like going.

So I kinda know my way around, my temporary home is at the permaculture end of the Green Futures field.

Just wondered whether there are any don't-miss-under-any-circumstances acts playing there this year.

Thank you in advance for any tips ...

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

I don't particularly like hip hop but I do like the energy ( Horns) the band Cut Capers has and I would make an effort to see them. The lead singer Jane Thomas has a divine voice, which is just an added bonus.
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Adam.

As I failed for the FOURTH year running to get tickets, I've been watching some of it on t' tellybox. So far, I've enjoyed Royal Blood, Warpaint, Flaming Lips, Blossoms and Katy Perry (the latter partly due to her magnificent arse in that sparkly outfit!). Thought Liam Gallagher was fairly poor and Radiohead absolutely dreadful.

However, for the best set so far, I have only two words - Foo Fighters! Really wish I'd been there and it has made me determined to try for tickets AGAIN next year.

Tonight I'm looking forward to Biffy Clyro and then quickly switching over to Poldark in case I catch sight of Ed Sheeran and am forced to throw things at the TV...
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    However, for the best set so far, I have only two words - Foo Fighters!
    There's a festival near where I live starting in three days. Radiohead and Foo Fighters headlining, among others. Can't wait! Best thing is you can always get tickets
    TT: none atm; Carts: Benz Micro Ace SL; Phono stage: Nuda dual mono
    Digital: Rotel RCD-965BX, rDAC; Amp: Modwright KWI-200, Speakers: Dynaudio Special 25

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Sat listening and enjoying Nile Rogers put on an excellent set.

Other highlights so far have been First Aid Kit and Badbadnotgood
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Geoff.

Glastonbury 2017 is over. Fun was had, but there's a price to pay. The appalling mess left behind.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-06-26/h...stonbury-site/

Shame folk don't clean up and cart their rubbish with them. Probably too stoned, knackered or pissed!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast