+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Glastonbury 2017

I'm Joe.

Default Glastonbury 2017

I have received a ticket for Glastonbury rather unexpectedly, and wonder who's playing there that I should make a point of seeing.

The one unmissable event I have earmarked is on the Pyramid stage at 4.15 on Saturday - Jeremy Corbyn being introduced by Michael Eavis, and receiving a rock-star's welcome from a crowd of up to 175,000 people ... can't wait to hear that roar!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Haave you been before?
    There are times when you canít do the sensible thing, when you canít act like a responsible adult at all; you just have to do whatever insane thing comes into your head. When bad people do it they end up murderers, when good people do it they end up heroes, and when the rest of us do it we end up looking like total idiots. But whenís that ever stopped us?

I'm Neil.

You definitely need to go and see the Sunday legends slot at the Pyramid stage on Sunday morning. The perfect wind-down from the festival. This year it's Barry Gibb.

It's a festival like no other, much more than the music, loads of great food if you know where to look.

...will take a peek & see if there's some bits that I can directly recommend.
    Mana Acoustics Racks >> Custom Silent Media Server >> Halide Bridge USB (with AQVOX USB power) >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Rich.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-2017-Thread&p

Have a great festival. Looks like we're in for fab weather.

You've been lucky indeed to get a ticket at this late stage.
    NEBO 8 - Sat 6th May 2017, St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport. 10am til late.

See here for details: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...Airport/page20

I'm Joe.

Default Yes, I have been before

... about 25 times. But I lost my wife, with whom I always used to share the experience, usually working there - latterly in the Kidz Field, around three years ago, and haven't felt much like going.

So I kinda know my way around, my temporary home is at the permaculture end of the Green Futures field.

Just wondered whether there are any don't-miss-under-any-circumstances acts playing there this year.

Thank you in advance for any tips ...

I'm Andy.

I don't particularly like hip hop but I do like the energy ( Horns) the band Cut Capers has and I would make an effort to see them. The lead singer Jane Thomas has a divine voice, which is just an added bonus.
    Analogue
    301 / 3012 / 2m black
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev / Highphonics SUT
    Puresound P10
    Digital
    SBT / Teac Dac
    Meridian 506.24
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Glasshouse TVC or Quad 34/44
    Quad 303; 306; 606 or Bel Canto Set 40
    Speakers